Chapter Eight: The Race at Willy's Butte

A little later, everyone have gathered up down at Radiator Springs only racetrack, Willy's Butte, ready to watch the race between the two racecars against Doc Hudson.

The place is a big desert, with cactus and bushes. It is a big part of Carburettor County. The place's name is the same name of the mountain's. Willy's Butte is a strange mountain that is also a symbol of the county. There is a circuit shape like an oval, that goes around Willy's Butte. Turn 1 is a big banking-turn, the second is a slow turn.

"Gentlemen, this will be a one-lap race." Sheriff told Braedey, Lightning, and Doc. The three were sitting in front of a piece of rope down on the rope, with two tyres either side of the dirt road, indicating the start/finish line. "You will drive to Willy's Butte, go around Willy's Butte and come back. There will be no bumpin', no cheatin', no spittin', no bittin', no road rage, no maimin', no oil slickin', no pushin', no shovin', no backstabbin', no road-hoggin' and no lollygaggin'."

The townsfolk were all gathered on the side of the track, all of them ready to see the race. Luigi and Guido were wearing racing memorabilia, like a large Afro wig, waving a chequered flag, and with a Ferrari hat on.

"Speed. I'm speed. Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer." Lightning spoke to himself, as Doc and Braedey looked at him. The Hudson looked at Braedey, who shrugged his wheels to him, not sure what to say about Lightning's preparation.

Luigi drove up to the three cars. "My friend Guido, he dream to give a real racecar a pit stop."

Guido drove up next. "Peet stop?"

McQueen laughed a little. "The race is only one lap, guys. Uno lappo! Don't need any help. I work solo mio." He emphasised.

Braedey showed a sad smile. "Sorry, you two. Maybe some other time?" He asked.

Luigi scoffed. "Fine. Race your way." Then, he drove off, leaving Guido standing there.

"No pit stoppo. Comprendo?" Lighting told Guido.

"OK." Guido then drove off of the track, and back over to Luigi.

"Gentlemen. Start your engines!" Sheriff yelled out.

Doc's engine spluttered to life, and revved slightly, a small trail of black smoke coming out of his exhaust pipe. Lightning rolled his eyes at the old car, and his engine revved ferociously. Braedey revved his engine normally, not wanting to sound like a showboat.

Some of the townsfolk were getting excited. "Hijole! Check that out!" Ramone called out.

"Whoa." Fillmore muttered.

Sally sighed. "Great idea, Doc. Now the road will never get done." She said to herself. Mary looked at the blue Porsche, and rolled her eyes at her.

Sheriff looked over at Luigi. "Luigi." He called, and drove off the car, as the yellow Fiat drove up in front of the three cars.

Luigi laughed, and held his flag at the ready. "On your mark, get set... Uno for the money, due for the show, tre to get ready, and quattro to... I can't belive it. Go!!"

 Go!!"