IX

IX: the duel winner.

~*~

For once, the night actually let me rest. The nightmares dispersed, thank goodness, and i woke up brightly the next morning. Breakfast was lovely, I enjoyed every forkful and It actually felt nice when my hair was done. I walked with a little bit of a bounce in my step to training with my mentor and escort.

Training that day was most definitely my favourite of all.

I watched as Cato beheaded and amputated dozens of dummies from the survival stations. I then walked over towards the throwing knife station, my favourite station out of all of them.

I adverted my gaze from the bloodthirsty career and watched another one, Glimmer as she shot the bullseye with a stunning bow and arrow.

I stood at the station as I watched Clove as she arrived only a few seconds before me,

"Are you purposely trying to ruin my day?" i asked as i picked up a few knives.

"No, merely challenging your 'skill'." She said sarcastically, picking up some knives like i did.

"While your here, turn it on will you?" I pursed a smile. Clove rolled her eyes, turning it on harshly.

"Im not a slave."

I snickered, eyeing the dummies as life was given to them. I threw a knife every few seconds, twisting my hips with my wrist. I hit every bullseye central. the blade stuck itself all the way through the dummies only the tip of the handle poked out of each.

I turned to Clove, curtsied and handed her my last spare blade. She glared at me silently.

"May the odds be ever in your favour." I grinned.

Clove rolled her eyes, stalking to the centre of the circle lined out for the station and she turned to me before readying herself, "Not too bad, Capitol princess."

I raised my eyebrows and turned the station on with a huff. Everyone was staring at me in shock and some tributes eyes held fear as I now stood by and watched Clove.

She threw the knives with speed and agility, doing a few mediocre turns. I snickered. She hit every one, nearly all in the centre of the bullsye except for two which she got in the yellow section. She clapped her hands together and turned to me and the crowd. She sneered at all of us.

"Not too shabby kentwell."

Clove shrugged, "I dont miss."

She walked off toward Cato and Glimmer. The two of them eyed me cautiously. Of course, Id have to have allys or else id be alone in the games and no matter who you are the inevitable career pack would be unbeatable together. But was i fuck going to speak to them first.