Chapter 8

Don't forget to vote and comment! <3

xoxo

𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖚𝖘𝖙

"So," Heaven spoke, her angelic voice floating up from behind me, "What's there to do in this enormous house on a stormy day?"

I turned from the seat where I had been sitting at my desk to face the small girl standing in the doorway. Her ebony hair was windswept, her skin shining dimly in the light from the raindrops.

She was breathtaking.

And she was mine.

I break out of my admiration, smiling up at the extraordinary girl.

"Are you certain you don't want to go home yet?" I asked, the thought of her saying she wanted to leave left a hollow feeling resounding in my chest while a small frown painted itself on my face.

A sad smile fleeted across her face as she thought about my question.

"No," she answered, "I'm afraid I don't have very much to go back to."

I was happy with her answer, although the melancholy note of her words left a pang in my heart.

"Are you sure that it's okay for me to hang around here?" she questioned, glancing curiously at me, "It's a little odd for a complete stranger to be so welcoming. You're not a serial killer, are you?"

A laugh bubbled up in my throat at her words.

"No, I'm not a serial killer," I laughed, "I can just tell when someone needs a little help."

"Well, I'm thankful regardless." she answered back, sitting down on the loveseat across from me.

It took all of my willpower not to drag her closer to me.

Her addicting smell was wafting throughout the entire house, the intoxicating scent of fresh summer rain making me slightly dizzy.

"Where's the man from earlier? Antonio, I think his name was." Heaven's voice broke me from my trance.

"Yeah, Antonio's a good friend of mine who lives in a cabin nearby," I answer.

Along with the rest of my pack. I think to myself.

The fleeting thought brought me back to the reality of my situation.

Heaven was merely human. How would she react to find out the monsters from the fairytales she read when she was younger were real? She was only human after all, and they know nothing of our world.

I shook off my worry, deciding to resolve it later.

"Well, I have to get back to work eventually," i said reluctantly, suddenly remembering the large stack of alpha work that is no doubt growing larger by the minute.

Heaven nodded her head slightly in understanding, and I could've sworn I had seen a flash of disappointment fleet through her eyes.

The thought of leaving her alone even for a short while was nearly physically paining, but I couldn't let her see how difficult it was for me to be away from her.

Heaven was human, so the mate pull was not nearly as present for her as it was for me. She would not understand the instant attraction I held towards her, and I had to keep reminding myself to keep my distance.

Nearly all humans were unfamiliar with the concept of predestined mates, so I would need to be precarious and develop a relationship with her slowly, no matter how painful it would be for me.