Chapter 31

"P-please stay, I need...w-we need to talk"

Jimin looked at our clasped hands and then stared back at me. He nodded his head in agreement and  looked away.

"O-okay" Jimin whispered.

I let go of his hand and motion him to exit the bathroom first. We settle in the living room, Jimin sitting on the love seat fidgeting with his fingers and looking down.

"Jimin, this is the first time we're seeing each other since that dreaded day that I was to weak to fight for you. Seeing you today...seeing you today has made me feel alive for the first time in a long time. I can feel my heart beating again. I missed you so much! Your smile. Your eyes. Your laugh. Your voice. Your everything" I paused and took a hold of his hand again.

"I love you so much Jimin, I never stopped loving you. You're all I think about day and night. I just-I just miss you so much and I know it's all my fault and...and I'm probably being selfish when I say that I want you in my life again by my side. I'm so sorry for the way I acted towards you. I'm so sorry for letting my thoughts get the best of me. I'm so sorry that I wasn't strong enough. I'm so sorry it took so long to return to you. I'm so sorry I hurt you."

"I know I don't deserve it, but do you think I could have a second chance? I won't be able to do a lot of things and it'll be difficult but please think about it. I cant lose you again Jimin"

"I don't have to think about it"

"I-I understand" I muttered my voice cracking while looking down, slowly removing my hands from his. Why would I even think he'd want me back? I'm so stupid...I jus-...I suddenly feel his hand reach out for mine and firmly held it.

"Yoongi, I don't have to think about it because I already know what I want...I-I want you back in my life. I want to be here and care for you. I want...no...I NEED you back. I've been a complete mess without you. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have given up so easily. I should have understood what you were going through. I shouldn't have left without a fight." I couldn't help but let tears fall as I listened to him. I couldn't believe my ears...I have a chance?

"You have to promise me that you won't push me away and let your mind take over. You have to promise me that if anything is bothering you that we'll talk it out. J-just promise me that you won't leave me again...don't throw me away." He pauses moving our hands closer to his face "Let's intertwine our pinkies, and promise me now that it'll be an always and forever" he waited for my response

"I promise Jimin! I won't disappoint you again, I won't ever be so stupid to leave you again! I'm so sorry for everything" he raises our pinkies up to his lips and kisses them.

"This signifies our promise" he says gesturing to our intertwined pinkies

"Promise" I say as I bring our pinkies toward my lips and kiss them just as Jimin had done.

Jimin looks back at me with a smile, a true genuine smile. He gets up and hesitates for a minute before sitting down on my lap and taking my face in his hands as I wrap my arms around his waist. My heart starts beating uncharacteristically fast as Jimin leans in to place his lips on mine. His warm soft lips moving slowly against mine and all I could think was I'm finally home.