Chapter Five

As I walk out of the coffee shop, I hear someone  approach from behind me.

"Maddison." I turn around.

"Harriet, how are you?"

Harriet was Charlotte's best friend who I had met earlier this week. She was absolutely gorgeous, even while dressed in preppy work uniform. She looked stunning, she had thick shiny Carmel hair that was pulled into a high sleek ponytail.  And bold red lipstick was painted on her full lips. (Picture above)

"Did you just get here or are you heading out?" she asks.

"Heading out, Just had a sit down with Aiden so we could figure somethings out." 

Her eyes widen in shock.

"I know right, it was honestly fine though, what's not fine is how screwed I am if I don't find a job soon."

I was starting to think about finding a job. The only source of income I have is my College savings and that will soon run out quickly.I to find a reliable and stable job that I can earn a decent amount of money and that has flexible hours.

"Oh my god! You could work here with me!" She screams pulling me into a abrupt hug.

"Here?" I look around the coffeeshop.

"Yes, we've been looking to hire new staff and you would be perfect for the job! Wait a minute let me get you an application."

She excitedly exclaims, running back behind the counter to get the application form for me to fill out. Thinking about it, it wouldn't be that bad working here At least I had Harriet working with me.

~•~
By the time Monday rolled around, I was officially  working my first shift at the coffeeshop, with Harriet's reference and my open afternoons, it was a match made in heaven for not only me but, for my bank account.

University has been great!

Charlotte and I decided to walk to English class together. We sat and talked casually, about what the food is like here, and how big and spacious the apartments were.

I had come to really enjoy Charlotte, Harriet's and Courtney's company over the last week, which was somewhat unexpected. We all bonded so well, and it was nice and comforting.

It feels really strange because i never, ever thought me and Aiden would get along. But we have and it's made my time at Oxford more enjoyable.

"So you lift the steaming wand tip so that it's level to the milk in the pitcher and you just-Maddison, are you you even listening to me?"

Blinking my eyes a few times, I finally snap out my daytime daze. And see Harriet standing in front of me holding a heavy bag of cofffee beans.

"Yes I'm listening, lift the steaming wand, and then what?"

She raises her eyebrows and looks to Courtney and Charlotte who are sitting at the tables next to me.

"Do you think she's paying attention to me?" Harriet asks Courtney.

"I'm just doing my essay, so leave me out if your workers quarrel." She laughs before focusing on a textbook.