Chapter Ten

I jog to Harriet's Fine Arts class and wait patiently till she is dismissed. Thats when I decide it's a perfect time to take out my phone and check if my mum had texted me.

I'd much rather talk to her in person than, behind a screen. But she's two hours away, and I don't want to take the train there.

Hearing big foot steps behind me, I turn around and to my surprise, I see Aiden is smiling at me. He has a perfect bright smile, that I'm disappointed I don't get to see quite often.

"Hey Mystery girl, where have you been?" Aiden asks adjusting his backpack strap

Someone is in a good mood today.

"I was in Literature class." I reply, not meeting his eyes.

"Why are you waiting outside Fine Arts?"

His eyebrows scrunched together causing fine lines on his glowing forehead.

"Why do you have so many questions all the time?" I tease  playfully.

"Answer the question Maddison."

"Me and Harriet are going shopping." I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh good. That's such good timing!" Aiden exclaims.

"Why is it good timing?" I ask.

"Because I'm going to take you out for dinner."

"Why do you want to take me out?"

"Can't a boy do something nice?" He smirks the corners of his mouth lifting.

"But the problem you don't do anything nice."

"Well thanks to you I'm changing."

"Okay. Fine I'll go with you." I huff.

"Sweet. Be

"Fine! I'll go with you, I swear if you don't shut up I will change my mind." I gently hit him.

"Okay, I won't say it again, be ready by 8pm and wear something nice." He says before winking at Harriet and leaving the coffee shop.

"What the hell was that all about?" Harriet screeches.

"Reed, invited  me out for dinner tomorrow at 8pm."

"Omg! Maddy don't you see, this is a sign that he likes you!"

"Harriet, I love you dearly but you watch too many Rom Coms, and plus we are in 2019, love isn't the same."

"Coming from the person who has read all the trilogies of To all the boys I have loved before, and started being obsessed with Noah Centineo for a week straight!" Harriet practically shouts.

"Okay, calm down Lara jean."

"Up close, your face wasn't so much handsome as beautiful."  Harriet says.

"If love is like possession,maybe my letters are like my exorcisms."

"Right, that's enough TATBIHLB for one day."

"Come on, let's get class over and done with so we can go shopping later." Harriet says while we walk towards the door to leave the coffee shop.

"To be fond of dancing was a certain step toward falling in love. "

"I'm going to get a dress for tonight, and it doesn't matter what I'm going to wear. You should be worried about if I'm going to stand you up and go with Your best friend Alex."

I can tell this statement  gets under his skin as his drops his hands and turns them into fists. And his chest heaves up and down.

"Princess, trust me he's busy."