~Chapter 19~

~Chapter 19~

Previously On Aisha.
Candace together with Moira make it down through the mines to Dr James Mclaren's office where they get more insight on the mutations through some paperwork. They meet Nora, a six year old girl who promises to be of good use to them in their journey to find their friends.

~Chapter 19~

"M-o-i-r-a. Cmon say it. Say Moira." Moira trained. Making baby faces at Nora.

"Moira?" Nora said with simplicity, glancing at me as we move through the woods. From above the sunset gave a beautiful golden glow to the leaves on the trees, casting radiant rays through the woods.

"She's six Moira not one. Plus, she's a human being. Not a pet." I reacted.

"I know but she's just so cute" she said with a tiny voice, pulling softly at Nora's cheeks whiles making baby faces. Nora rolled her eyes.

"How much further to the radio tower?" I asked.

"We're almost there." Nora said. The radio tower could be seen in a bit of a distance away.

"...right after we go past that building over there." She added shortly after.

It was a rather huge building. It looked like some sort of warehouse and a prison at the same time. The very sight of it gave me the chills.

"Please don't tell me we're going in there. Nothing good ever happens indoors." Moira whined.

"Well nothing good ever happens outdoors either." I said as we approached the building.

"Besides, we've got no choice." I added. 

"You sure about that? We could just go around it." Moira said.

"It's not that dangerous. Apart from the monsters and that old man." Nora spoke. At these words my heart skipped and my eyes widened as I subconsciously turned to face her in Moira's arms.

"Old man? What old man?" I asked.

"The old man in the white coat. He comes here sometime. Not mostly though."

"Can you describe him?" Moira quickly asked.

"I'm not so sure. Old?"

"It's gotta be McLaren." Moira said to me. I knew she was right."

"Nora, when was the last time you saw him?" I asked.

"The same day he brought you guys." She said flatly.

"That was three days ago." I said out loud.

"Seven actually." She said.

"Huhh??" Said Moira and I both.

What did she mean seven days. How long had we been here?

"You woke up four days after he brought you." She said.

"Wait. You mean we were unconscious for four days?" I asked in surprise.

"No wonder my stomach has been growling that much recently. It has stayed hungry for four days."