Touchdown

For hours, Amy has been sleeping peacefully when the plane suddenly rattled, shaking her and the other passengers awake. 

"What is happening?" she asked a passing stewardess still disoriented. 

"There is a storm ahead. Everyone is advised to buckle their seat belts and stay calm." The stewardess answered before hurrying off somewhere. 

So there she was sitting while the plane shook for minutes getting sick and afraid at the same time but nonetheless determined to get to Dublin. During all the shaking, the speakers announced that they're gonna have to land in Wales to escape the strong storm. 

"What? I can't go to Wales! I'm going to Dublin!" She screamed to no one in particular. 

Just then thunder rumbled and the shaking became more intense. 

"Okay! okay! Wales it is. Just get me down alive!" She screamed again a little frightened now. 

Amy's feelings are divided over the announcement. She is relieved that the shaking is finally going to stop because she feels that if it continues, she's gonna puke her guts out in the plane at the same time annoyed that she's not landing in Dublin.

Wales, Airport

After arriving at Wales, Amy immediately inquired for a flight to Dublin. 

"Hi I need the earliest plane ticket to Dublin please." She said smiling at the personnel behind the counter. 

"I'm sorry ma'am but all flights are canceled." She was answered with a smile. 

She tried arguing but the personnel has already turned her back on her and is talking to other passengers. Unfortunately, all flights are canceled for the day because of the storm so she left the useless airport and took a cab to God knows where. Up until now, she was determined to surprise Nathan and not tell him that she is coming to Dublin but since everything that happened is nothing but her plan, she needed Nathan. She dialed his number and waited for him to answer. 

"Hey honey, how's the conference?" Amy started. 

"Fine, I'm meeting great people in the industry here. How are you doing?" Nathan answered obviously delighted. 

"That's great! Not quite good Nate. You see, I'm in Wales." She said trying to sound like it's the most normal thing to happen. 

"What are you doing in Wales? Are you okay?" Nathan asked with worry. 

"Don't worry I'm fine. I'm suppose to go to Dublin and surprise you but the horrible storm drove me here. I just need to talk to you." Amy explained trying to appease him. 

"You should've told me that you wanna come. We would've left together and you could've avoided that storm." Nathan answered. 

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise. Don't be mad at me for attempting to make you happy." 

"I'm not mad at you, I'm just worried. I wish I can come and get you but I don't think I can leave the conference. Would you be okay on your own?"

 "Of course, don't worry about me. I'll be there in no time." 

"Okay I can't wait to see you honey. I miss you." 

"I miss you too. Wait for me okay? I love you honey." 

"I love you too. I gotta go okay."

With that Amy dropped the call and heaved a sigh when the cab driver talked to her. 

"Going to Dublin ma'am?" The driver asked to which Amy just answered with a nod clearly not in the mood to converse. 

"If the planes can't take you there, you could try taking a boat to Cork and from there catch the train to Dublin." The driver suggested to her which automatically caught Amy's attention.