CHAPTER THIRTEEN

After the advice from Lily, James has a new boost of confidence that had destroyed the anxiety of rejection

Currently, James was dragging Tabitha in one of the many secret passages Hogwarts had. The Secret passages in which he and the other marauders had discovered, which was seven.

"Come on Bitsy, you gotta trust me," James said as he continuously dragged her down the long dark path, and was only illuminated with their wands.

"Jas, usually when people bring them to dark places, you tend to not trust them" Tabitha whined making him chuckle.

He stopped walking and turned to her," It's like your assuming I'll do something bad"

She rolled her eyes waving her hand away from the bright light of his wand in her face," Jas, seriously what is this place?"

"As I said since the beginning, trust me" He smirked turning forward but instead of her wrist, he had somehow slipped his hand into her own. She felt her cheeks burn at the gesture but didn't remove her hand liking the warmth.

"Trust you" She mumbled as a smile formed on her face glad that the darkness was hiding it," Fine, but if I somehow end up dead, I'll make sure to haunt you the rest of your time in Hogwarts"

"I'd never let you die, and I swear on it. I'll do anything to protect you Bitsy" James confessed

She gaped at him for a moment as he stopped walking reaching the end of the path," You can't say something like that James" She said in a weak voice

He didn't respond as he took steps on a ladder opening the hatch above them. He motioned for Tabitha to follow as he stuck his head out slowly, with her next to him.

"Merlin—is this Honeydukes?" She whispered and he grinned at her nodding

"Yep, now come on before Flume catches us" James announced as he hopped out first reaching his hand out to help her.

Once they had snuck out of the cellar and casually blending into the crowd of the shop, they both bought a few sweets and soon were in Hogsmeade.

As the pair of them were holding hands, James stopped in the middle of the street turning to her," I meant what I said back there Tabitha, I'll never let you get hurt, I promise."

"But James—" He lifted his finger putting it on her mouth stopping her from saying anything more.

"I'm never taking back those words, so it's futile to argue back"

She sighed in defeat as a small smile formed on her face," You are definitely something James Potter"