25| The Boyfriend

❛❛On every picture you post up, a guy I’ve never seen before likes it.
Who is he?❜❜

- I Like It

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"What? Tomorrow?" Jihye could sense from his voice that Jungkook was shocked.

"But why me? Can't we get someone else?" He said, followed by a long sigh.

"How long?" He asked after a few seconds.

When the person from the other side answered, he reluctantly said, "Fine. I'll do it. Send me the flight schedule."

He plopped down beside Jihye and threw his head back in annoyance. "What's wrong?" Jihye started running her hand through his hair, knowing it calmed him down.

"The office. They want me to go to Japan on a trip," he sighed. "But I don't want to."

"You're the CEO, Jungkook. They wouldn't have told you if it wasn't important. You need to go," Jihye stated. "Even if you don't want to."

"But we'll be apart." Jungkook suddenly pulled her closer. "For a week."

"I know. I'll miss you but there's nothing we can do, right?" She said as his cologne flooded her senses.

"Yeah," he said quietly. "Will you promise me something, Jihye?"

"Anything."

"Promise me you'll be careful and won't get into any trouble."

"I promise."

"I'll call you everyday and text you whenever I can," he mumbled. "Stay safe for me."

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

"Jihye-ah." A deep voice made Jihye come back to her senses. She turned around to see a familiar face and smiled.

"Taehyung oppa."

"What's wrong? You've been zoning out," he asked in his velvety voice.

"Nothing," Jihye lied through her teeth.

"It's okay, I know he's not here." Taehyung grinned. "Geez, you two love each other so much."

Jihye felt her cheeks warm up a little. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you go home now?" He asked, looking around the cafe in front of which Jihye was standing.

"I wanted to. But this friend of mine, Minseo, wants me to meet her boyfriend. And they're both supposed to come to this cafe but aren't here yet."

"Oh," Taehyung nodded understandingly. "Since I have nothing to do, do you mind if I join you?"

"Of course not. Let's take a seat inside." They walked into the cafe, settling into a booth. Jihye looked around and immediately regretted the decision of agreeing to meet here. It reminded her of Jungkook as she'd been here with him quite a few times on the way back home from college.

"Have you met this boyfriend before? Do you know who he is?" Taehyung piped.

"No, but this friend of mine has told me a lot about him. Apparently, he's the heir to a rich company. Don't ask me which because I don't know that," she added the last sentence knowing he would ask exactly that.