rockabye •eleven

...

Serena was finally able to move and the first thing that happened was her being lifted off the ground. Chad held her in his arms in protection.

"Chad, let go!" Serena yells. It was that Chad had looked for Maleficent, but only to see her gone. Both Ginny and Audrey had to pry Chad's arms off Serena.

"Sorry, just...sorry." Chad says, trying to keep him cool. Serena straight out her dress and shakes her head. Ginny smacked Chad over the head and proceeded to call him a dingus. Audrey and Chad embrace as Ginny and Serena did too.

"I think it's best I take Athena and go. This was way to much excitement for one day." Serna says.

"Where will you go?" Ginny asks.

"Probably home."

"Why don't you just stay at the school and I'll drive you home in the morning?" Chad suggests. Serena shakes her head a bit.

"I don't know—I mean, if it's not too much of a problem."

"When it involves you or Athena, it's never a problem." Chad assures.

"I'll drive you," Ginny offers. "I rather not be here with the family." Ginny points to where her mom, Jane, and grandmother, Wendy, were at.

"Alright then, I'll go get Athena real quick." Serena quickly walked back to where she had left Athena. She opened the door of the broom closet to find Athena asleep. She laid on top of rolls of toilet paper. Serena picked her up carefully without waking her up and went back to find Ginny.

She didn't imagine to bump into Ben and his parents, out of all the people in the coronation hall.

"Serena--!" Ben called, but Serena shushed him, motioning to the sleeping child.

"Don't wake her up." Serena says. Ben smiles and looks closely to Athena.

"She's so beautiful."

"Yeah, I know." Serena says. "She knows it too. I tell her everyday."

"Are you both OK?" Belle asks, petting both Serena and Athena's head. Serena nods, shrugged off Belle's hand away from her head.

"We're fine, but we should get going. I don't want her waking up surrounded by strangers." Serena says. She didn't mean it to come up cold when she saw Belle flinch back.

"If you'd like, we will have the limo take you to our castle. You can have dinner and sleep for a while and then return home." Adam says, waving a hand to call a servant over. Serena stops him in time.

"No, thank you. I think I should just go to Auradon Prep and have her sleep there for a while." Serena says.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll just be in Chad's room or Ginny's." Serena says. She saw Ginny wave at her to come over. Ginny had on her coat, ready to leave. Serena nods and looks at the Beast family. "Excuse me. Your Majesties."

Serena bows and quickly walks away to just as Mal approaches. Serena and Mal stopped walking at looked at each other. Mal gave her a friendly smile, but Serena didn't. She just walks away again and follows Ginny.

Back at Auradon Prep, Serena was let into Chad's dorm and placed Athena on the bed carefully. She placed a blanket on her little girl and went to leave to get some food for later and to make a call to her parents.

She first went through Chad's clothes and pulls out a grey t-shirt and some shorts for her to wear. She bent her knees to see with Athena was sound asleep. Before Serena could even stand, a hand reached out and pulled her.

"Don't leave again, Mama. I was so scared." Athena's tired voice says. Serena bent down and brushed away Athena's hair from her face.

"I won't, my love. I won't ever leave you." Serena promises. She lies down next to Athena and shuts her eyes. Not knowing out tired she was, she had fallen asleep next to her child. She didn't even get to make the call.

Hours after the coronation, the door to Chad's room opens up. Walking inside was Ben, who also shared the room with Chad. Ben saw the two figures asleep. Knowing that Chad was going to be with Audrey the whole night, he knew it was Serena and Athena. Ben discard his jacket and places it on the chair and goes to the bathroom to fresh up beforr bed.

A few minutes pass by and Ben goes to sit on his bed. He faced Serena, notice that she no long wore her dress, but instead one of Chad's shirts. Jealous grew inside him. How can he not be jealous? This was once his girlfriend, a girl he once thought was the world to him. Chad had contact was Athena the way Ben couldn't.

Yes, he likes Mal, she may even be the one, but Serena will always have a special place in his heart as his first love and mother to his daughter.

Ben stood up and crouches down to look closely at Athena.

"I will love you forever and always, my little girl." Ben whispers before placing a tender kiss on Athena's forehead. He looks at the sleeping Serena.

"I'm sorry for you having to do this all alone, but now that you're here, you won't be alone. I will take care of you both." Ben promises to himself. He stood up and lays back down on his bed. He stares up at the ceiling, sleep finally took over.

THAT WAS THE END FOR THE FIRST DESCENDANTS AND NOW IT MOVES ON TO DESCENDANTS: WICKED WORLD.

I'M CURRENTLY WRITING A DESCENDANTS HADES LOVE STORY BECAUSE HADES DESERVES SOME LOVE.

JUST TO BE CLEAR, ALL THREE DESCENDANTS MOVIES AND WICKED WORLD WILL BE IN THIS BOOK. THE DESCENDANTS BOOKS WILL NOT BE INVOLVED.

IF YOUR READING THIS, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SERENA'S AND BEN'S RELATIONSHIP?