10 | won't you lie to her?

She said, "Oh we could do whatever you want,
But boy, don't go falling in love."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE 2 A.M MEETINGS strung together to become weeks of adventure, pranks, and trouble.

From stolen cars to setting off fireworks that disrupted the midnight silence, Luke and Diana lived in a timeless world.

With him, Diana, for the first time, felt a flutter in her chest that send tingles down her spine. With him, she smiled constantly, completely fearless. The monsters in her head seemed to be just as obsessed with him as she was, because when he was next to her, they faded away, struck in awe by his sparkling blue eyes that held her entire world.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered one night. "I could look at you forever."

"Then do it," she whispered back, feeling herself lean into him.

The way he looked at her made her shiver. It was as if he was memorizing her, painting her in his mind. It was as if he wanted nothing more but to hold her and touch her. She looked at him the same way.

But it scared her, because she knew what it meant, knew one day he would no longer look at her the same way. It scared her, because she knew the day the look in his eyes changed, she would fall apart.

She could somehow feel the words dancing at the tip of his tongue. She could feel them, the words she so feared, swaying in the air. So as if to remind him and herself, she said, "But remember, dearest Luke, love doesn't exist."

When she turned away, all Luke could do was watch her spin endlessly under the pale moonlight in her dark red dress.

He wondered why the world had to break this beautiful girl in front of him.

He wondered why he couldn't have entered her story earlier, for perhaps he could've saved her.

He wondered why she hated the love he already felt himself falling into.