Chapter 5 - Broken

The weekend slouches along and Monday morning creeps up and I feel like hell. I'm still sick and now I actually have to attend school. Every morning I wake up I think of Danielle and I still get a stinging pain in my chest.

Anyway, I glue myself together and head out the door.

Sneeze.

I stand still, nope, not going, I turn around and go back inside. Take off my jacket and tell my mom that I'm not going today, she already knew I was sick so she quickly agreed and told me to go back to sleep.

I wake up around 1:00pm and I already feel better, my runny nose has gone away and my migraine has turned into a light headache. I look at the light breeze flowing through the tree branches outside and quickly become envious.

I wish I could just blow away in the wind.

I get up and find myself downstairs throwing on a hoodie and soon out the back door. It's feels amazing, but it's more comfortable to ware a hoodie instead of just a t-shirt. I stand and stare for a few seconds at the woods thinking if I really want to go in there again.

Sigh.

I take a step in and I get this tingling feeling, whatever, I just keep walking. When I get to the fallen tree and Danielle and I's tree stumps I get angry for some reason and kick hers over.

Why am I so mad?

Am I mad at myself or her?

As I lay back against the fallen tree and lookup at the sky I close my eyes.

I hear a noise and suddenly open my eyes, I must have fell asleep. I look up and see Danielle standing in front of me, I try to stand up, but she shoves me down. I try again but this time she straddles my lap, "Woah" I instinctively let out.

"Shut up" she says.

"Danielle ge-"

"Shut. Up." she says.

I frown a little and she starts, "Look... I broke up with Jackson."

"What? Why-"

She cuts me off again, "He crossed the line, I like him, but not enough to date someone who acts like that. Im tired of hanging out with people who would do something like that to someone I care so much about."

I can see the pain in her face and I see tears collecting in her eyes.

Look at what I've caused.

I sit up a little bit and she almost falls but I catch her and hug her tightly so I don't have to see a single tear fall.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you." I say.

I feel her move her arm up to her eye to wipe a tear away. Part of me feels happy knowing she's single now, damn I'm selfish...