Chapter 11 - Glycerine

I tiptoed out of the closet and Ashley walked back over to the bed and sat down easily and motioned for me to sit down in the chair. 

She mouthed "slowly..." and slowly raised her eye brows as I gently sat down. 

"Why'd you hide me?" I asked.

"What do you mean? You should have seen the look on your face, you were pale as a ghost." She lightly chuckled.

"Yeah, that wouldn't have been good, thanks." I whispered.

She ran her finger over her ear and pushed the hair behind it. My stomach twirled, and I swallowed.

"Umm, do you want to try doing the second side on your own for a few, before we work together?"

"Yeah, sure." She replied. 

After a few minutes I heard a door shut, "Ashley, I'm leaving, cya later!" Jackson yelled as I heard his feet juggle down the stairs. 

"Okay, do you want to work together now?"

"Sure."

----------------------------------------------

After another hour spent on the second side of the worksheet we were done, and I had taught all I could teach. I was good, really good, so good she should have been paying me to do it! Anyway, we were done and she walked me out.

"Thanks for helping me, I really appreciate it, if my brother pushes you in the pool again, I'll knock him out!" she said with mean face and her fist waving.

I chuckled, "No problem, good night."

"Bye" she said.

"Bye."

I turned and walked out to my truck and got in quickly, Jackson could be back any minute. I pulled the keys out of my pocket as quickly as I could and fumbled them onto the floor board. I reached down and as soon as my fingers touched the keys I heard a car pull aside my truck and slow down and into Ashley's driveway. I froze near the floor and raised my ear listening. I heard a car door open and shut and then I heard Ashley's front door open and close. I slowly raised up and looked around stealthy. Jackson's car was in the driveway, and there wasn't a soul in sight.

That was really close...

I threw the keys into the ignition and drove away quickly, what a night.