Unfamiliar Loyalty

10th July 2019

Bourbon slowly looked around, his head pounding in his hands. The familiar jail cell strikes back at him, together with the memories of what he had done.

Finding the strength into his legs, Bourbon stood up, his legs slightly shaking. He ran a hand through his hair, only to find it oily, sticky. Leaving his personal needs behind, he opened up the door, not surprised it was unlocked and head towards the meeting room in this specific base.

The door opened up to reveal a cold and dark room, with 2 of the most important members in the room.

"Bourbon, glad to see that you can join us." Vermouth welcomed Bourbon into the room.

"Of course." Bourbon replied, his voice sharp and stern. He walked and took a sit near Vermouth.

"Bourbon, remember your other identity?" Rum questioned.

"National Police Agency officer, working for the Public Security Bureau. Furuya Rei, nickname Zero." Bourbon replied despite something in his brain forcing him to stay silent, not to spill a word.

"That's a bigger catch than expected." Gin laughed as he squashed his finished cigarette onto the tray.

"You know what we want, the NOC list." Vermouth commanded, an order from Rum.

"Yes." Bourbon answered. Something continues to feel wrong, but he just pushed all that feeling aside. After all, there was nothing more important to him than the Black Organisation.

Heading back to his Rei Furuya's apartment, he quickly sent a message to Kazami Yuya, informing him that he is fine. Not only that, he is coming to the office tomorrow.

11th July 2019
The next day,

Kazami appeared near the entrance to the Public Security sector with files in his hands. He greets Furuya Rei as he walk into the Public Security sector and followed him to the office. His subordinate just stares as they saw Furuya Rei walking with Kazami Yuya to his office. The office that was almost never in used.

"Furuya-san, are you sure you can be back?" Kazami replied, knowing his role in the Black Organisation.

"Don't worry, the leak was pinned onto a lower operative in the organisation." Rei answered while looking through the files Kazami brought in. "Call in the officers involved in that operation a few days ago."

Kazami replied Yes and left the room. Furuya Rei continued to read through the files in both soft copy and hard copy. There were many files, some with incriminating information on the Black Organisation. Before he knew it, it was already time for the meeting he scheduled as Kazami called him.

The moment he walked into the room, one of his subordinate spoke up. "Furuya-san, are you alright?"

Unlike Amuro Tooru, Rei replied professionally, "I am fine."

"Why were you missing for 2 days, as declared by Kazami?" Another one spoke up.

Rei felt slightly annoyed, before replying coldly like before, "They were onto me."

After Rei sat down, the questioning stopped as they began their meeting, discussing about the previous operation. According to the previous meeting, they did not find out much. No one spotted the organisation members inside or outside the venue.

They also discussed about their next move, as well as the FBI trying to get involved in Japan. James Black even approached them in hopes of getting some power in Japan.

The meeting ended quite late, and the officers left after the meeting. Kazami however remained by Rei's side, despite being off work.

"Kazami, I will be checking the NOC list and the security." Rei said as he stood up and walked out of the meeting room after everyone except the both of them were left.

"Furuya-san, I thought you didn't want anyone to get close to it?" Kazami questioned. A contradiction to what Rei had said before.

"Kazami, we can't afford the NOC list to be cracked again." Rei replied. Kazami didn't push it further and let Rei access it.

Rei memorised the names as he test out the security system. A few from other organisation that wasn't sent by Curacao. The system was secured, at least will take some time if someone were to try and crack it.

Locking back the system, Rei head out of the control room with Kazami.

Amuro Tooru's Apartment,

Bourbon sent a message over to Rum. An encrypted message with the names of the NOCs.

Despite his unwavering loyalty to the Black Organisation, Bourbon was unwilling to expose Akai Shuichi. Seem as Kir is a NOC, the organisation most likely know that Akai Shuichi is alive anyways.

He continued his job at Poirot as his everyday job, at least cooking was his hobby.

12th July 2019
In the evening,

The customers were decreasing as it was getting late. Azusa had also left since her shift ended earlier.

Amuro Tooru started to clean up the cafe as the cafe was empty.

However, the door bell ring again and a brown-pink haired man walked in wearing a turtleneck shirt. Okiya Subaru, also known as Akai Shuichi. Subaru sat at in front of the counter, waiting for the waiter to approach him.

Amuro head back to the counter where Subaru sat. "I'll have some sandwich." Subaru ordered, while Amuro clench the cloth he was holding.

"You still dare to appear in front of me." Amuro furiously said as he picked up the sandwich.

"We need to collaborate." Subaru said, in a tone that didn't quite fit with his image.

"So?" Amuro replied, really annoyed. If he could, he would probably punch Subaru right now.

"Work with the FBI, at least until we take down the organisation." Okiya Subaru declared, not hiding his intentions. "We will give credit to Japan."

"The PSB refuse to." Amuro Tooru strongly disagreed. The contract would not be as one-sided as Shuichi made it sound like.

Subaru reached up to his collar and tapped on it. His voice was completely different as he said, "The FBI had some information recently. The exchange in information would help."

Amuro Tooru, no, Furuya Rei became riled up after that. He claimed the FBI had something over the PSB?

"What makes you think that the PSB are behind in information." Rei asked, growling.

"Mizunashi Rena, Kir, messaged us earlier." Shuichi answered, he had the upper hand.

Rei stared at Subaru who claim that Kir had information over what he had gathered. Akai Shuichi could see the disbelieve in his face. Furuya Rei didn't think it was an important information.

"The NOCs are involved." He said in defeat.

Rei continued to stare at Subaru. "I will see what strings I can pull in the PSB. Don't get your hopes up, FBI." Rei spat the word FBI, like as if he ate some spoiled food.

Bourbon was quite annoyed. Kir even did something before the organisation had their hands on her. To find out what she leaked, this collaboration might be useful.