33

It was Daniel's birthday today, and to say that I was nervous nor excited, I would be blatantly lying to your face. I didn't exactly get him something for his birthday.

I know, worst girlfriend ever, but I knew that buying something for him wasn't going to be enough, so, I decided to set something up for him to enjoy, which his favourite movies and food.

Aha, who's the worst girlfriend now?

I was heading towards school, when I noticed Daniel, hunched over his locker with a sour expression. The fact that he remembers this day as the day that his mother died caused my heart to break for him into a million pieces.

"Hey," I whispered as I gave him a little peck on the cheek. He turned around and gave me a smile which didn't reach his eyes.

"Hey," he whispered.

I didn't say anything else as I engulfed him into a hug. He seems to be caught off guard but soon recovered as he wrapped his firm arms around me, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Jesus, my precious eyes!" I heard Alex complain as he and Jack approached to us. "I mean seriously, we're at school, have some decency for the love of God!"

"Alex, I just kissed her in the forehead," Daniel exasperated, with slight smile on his face.

"Besides, didn't you just come out of the janitor's closet with a girl trailing behind you?" Jack teased.

"Alexander!" I feigned a gasp. "The janitor's closet? Have some decency for the love of God!"

Alex's cheeks turned red as the three of us shook with laughter. Daniel then lifted my chin and pecked my lips.

"Happy Birthday," I murmured, giving him a tooth full grin. This time, Daniel's smile did reach his eyes, causing them to gleam, showing a bright greenish colour.

Have I told you guys that I have a thing for green eyes?

"Guys again, public area," Alex complained. "Anyways, Happy Birthday Danny Boy!"

Daniel laughed and gave Jack and Alex the typical bro hug.

"So, party at your house?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, only us," Daniel confirmed. "Don't want to have a huge massive party. I want to spend the day with the people I love." He looked down at me once he finished that sentence.

Jack laughed and clapped Daniel on the shoulder while Alex wiped a fake tear.

"My babies," he sniffed. "The next thing I know they will be getting married. Or worse, kids!"

"Why worse?" Jack questioned.

"Dude, you really want mini Daniels running around the place? I can tolerate Astrid, but Daniel...Sheesh!"

We all bursted out laughing whilst Daniel whacked Alex at the back of his head as he laughed too. Minutes later, the bell rung causing us to go at different directions for our next lesson.

"So are you excited for your party?" I asked Daniel as we headed towards Spanish.

"Depends," he playfully sighed. "As long as there are haribos, I'm a happy guy!"

I laughed at pecked him on the lips before entering the class.

***

"Happy Birthday to you!" We all sang as Daniel blew the candles on the cake. Once we all had our slices, Daniel began to open up the presents and thank everyone for them. At that moment, he caught me staring and gave me a breathtaking smile.