Prodigium Sneak Peek

I've been having some difficulties with my WiFi and my life so please enjoy this sneak peek.

***

Nothing can keep them apart. Through the agonizing cold surging through her veins and the chains that rattle with every breath, Ahmanet pushes through: relentless. Though Lelah is right in front of her, it's not enough. It could never be enough. An inch is only a tease, and Ahmanet yearns for miles.

"I hate seeing you in pain." Ahmanet whispers to her chosen.

Her eyes never waver from Lelah's face. How could they? Her Meritamen had changed so much in the eons past.  

"They will pay for this, Meritamen."Ahmanet glowers at the rusty stains on Lelah's white shirt. Through the arrow holes, unscarred bronze skin moves with Lelah's breaths. Blood smears some of her skin, and that Ahmanet could never forgive. Even now, her still heart dies when her chosen fell to the ground still and silent.

"He will pay for this," Lelah whispers darkly. "For every second you're here. I'm going to get you out. I promise."

Ahmanet glowers as an echo of her love's screams surfaces one more.

"Do not worry for me," she says harshly before visibly calming at Lelah's proximity.

"Be careful, my Meritamen. I cannot help from here."