Chapter Four: Ain't Nuthin' But A Gangsta Party

January 4th
Location: W60th Street

January 4thLocation: W60th Street

Nipsey H.

Seven on the dot and I was up with my cup of coffee heading to my studio room, I was expecting to see Erin still sleep in bed but she was up making the bed looking refreshed.

"I'm getting out of your way"

"I ain't gonna kick you out yo room you paying for, you can stick around see how I do shit"

"Alright" Erin sat back down on the bed sitting Indian style, I sat down in my computer chair.

"You smoke?"

"Who doesn't in California?"

Her response caught me off guard. I assumed Erin was too prissy to even touch a bag of weed. I sparked the blunt giving it to her first to see if she was bullshitting me.

" What strain is this?" Erin puffed at the blunt looking at it.

" Oh you an educated smoker? It's granddaddy purp"

I opened my laptop and put on my studio headphones, grabbing my notebook from out of the drawer.

"You gonna let me know if my shit suck right?"

"I'm all about constructive criticism towards art"

I turned the instrumentals a local producer had sent for me to rap over, I handed the blunt back to Erin while I focused on my lyrics.

" Is Cane not having a funeral?" I turned the beat down.

"Nah he's not, he ain't got no family out here where we can have his body released to us"

"So what? he won't be celebrated or acknowledged for saving a life?" I shrugged, I did enough tossing and turning thinking on my nigga.

"He not da first and he ain't da last"

"I can't let that happen I'm sorry"

I got why shorty was so invested in it, Cane used his own body as a shield to save her life, that's how loyal my nigga was since day one.

"He ain't do it for recognition he did it cause he was a stand up nigga"

"I don't care, I want to honor him somehow"

Erin was not gonna let up on this discussion, only thing to do was to let her do whatever she wanted.

"What you got in mind?"

"I don't know, what do y'all do if y'all wanted to honor your friend?"

"We usually have a party to keep our spirits uplifted nothing sad and shit" Erin unlocked her phone, looking up something.