13. O N E S T E P A T A T I M E

C H A C E'S  P

C H A C E'S P. O. V

I wake up to the sound of seagulls flying above, the sun dazzling with vivacity, wind frosty, combining with the splashing of the waves.
The warmth of Hurricane's body seeps into mine, my arm protectively wrapped around her shoulders holding her close. She's like an angel, a kitten curled around me, her head on my chest and hand on my waist. Beaming like the Cheshire Cat, I lionize every scent of her.

I promptly feel my heart shrink with the impulse to find out where I stand. Where we stand. I need to find out how she feels about me, about us, the pangs for answers growing stronger with every passing minute.
I know what Hurricane's answer is going to be and it's slowly starting to kill me.

The only thing I want from her is to tell me that she felt a connection between us after spending time together since the beginning of last week and what if she didn't? Fuck, I felt it when she barged in on me with... the girl with the superficially annoying as hell voice, who made me want to eat dog shit with razor blades in them.

Hurricane shifts, her eyelids flutter open. She sits up and stretches her arms, her blond hair falling in waves over her breasts. Fuck. Me. She looks ten times sexier when she's waking up, I don't feel like broaching the topic. Hurricane already had enough to deal with and It's best if I forget and not remove that enchanting smile from her beautiful face. She's shown me bits and pieces about her vulnerable self which she chooses to hide underneath that tough exterior. That doesn't make her week.

I knew she had a lot going on in her mind after that panic attack she had the night before.
I'm still wanting to know what it was that almost caused her to distance herself from me. Don't be a selfish prick, I mentally scold myself as I grab a fist full of sand. It wasn't easy for her to open up to me and tell me things she's never shared with anyone, other than herself. What she wants is for you to be a friend, the conversation I had with Irene at the restaurant plays in my head. She wants to be able to trust again, she wants you to listen.

"Good morning," Hurricane says in a breathy tone, my body rousing. She pulls her knees to her chest. "Did you... um...Sleep well?" I swallow, letting the sand fall from my hands, grabbing another fistful and repeating the same to ease the rapid pounding in my heart.

She nods. "Yeah, I did. What about you?"
I avert my gaze to the sea, crossing my outstretched legs. "Can't complain, falling asleep in a beach sure is something." By something I mean having sex on the beach. Bloody hell. Hurricane laughs, suspiring in comfort. "Thank you for last night," she says, drawing crude symbols on the sand. "I needed that... sort of...and once again I'm sorry about all that I... you know.. said." Her face falls, converting into a frown.