Chapter 13 The Stones

Stephen's Pov:

"Anthony?" I asked when his eyes closed and then his body went limp falling to the bed. My stomach twisted and I reached out touching his neck. I found his pulse which was weaker than normal and I was suddenly on edge. Hospital? I looked at Peter when he suddenly walked in with the tea and his face paled when he saw Anthony.

"Mr. Stark doesn't look good," Peter said.

"I'm taking him to a hospital," I said lifting Anthony easily and the cloak was quick to move and lay on him again.

"I'll go tell Bruce," Peter said sitting the tea on a table and I opened a portal holding in my panic. Anthony was pale and still very cold to the touch... I walked through the portal into the very familiar hospital and saw Christine look up at me. She looked at Anthony and I gave her a pleading look.

"I need a crash cart over here!" She hollered walking over and I tensed not really wanting to let go of Anthony as two nurses came over and I laid Anthony on the bed watching him be wheeled away. I sat down at some point and stared at the floor as my hands shook worse than they normally did.

"Stephen." I looked up at Christine.

"Yes?" I asked.

"He's ok." She said and I sighed in relief.

"What was wrong?" I asked.

"His body temperature was low and showed extreme signs of exhaustion and malnutrition," Christine said.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"His scar on his chest seemed inflamed a bit, He was dehydrated, and his heart showed some signs of extreme stress but he's ok now if you want to see him." She said and I got up. She smiled and I followed her. "You like him?" She asked.

"Yes," I said.

"I could tell," Christine said stopping at a to familiar room making me look at her. "Only Private room open." She said and I nodded opening the door and walked in. She followed behind me as I looked at Anthony. I reached out brushing my hand against his cheek and noticed the cloak was still laying on him.

"Did you have trouble with the cloak?" I asked.

"Other than it scaring everyone when it moved out of our way no." She said and I sat down on a chair next to Anthony's bed. I reached out and held his hand searching his pale face for any signs of waking.

"I wish I had introduced you two in better circumstances," I said.

"Wow...He must be something if you wanted me to meet him." Christine said.

"He looks at me like I'm not broken," I said.

"Stephen...I just can't believe it's Tony Stark." Christine said.

"Don't believe what they say about him," I said.

"I don't...No selfish man would risk his life to save others," Christine said.

"Steph?" I looked at Anthony seeing his eyes slightly opened.

"Steph?" Christine asked and I groaned as she smiled.

"I'm here Anthony," I said squeezing his hand.

"Where am I?" Anthony asked.

"The hospital," I said.

"Oh," Anthony mumbled and closed his eyes again.

"Poor thing is exhausted. I don't know what he's been doing but it's like he hasn't slept in years." Christine said and I frowned...