Chapter 4 - Interrogation

Veronica followed Luke outside the room. He went and stood by the door where David's dead body was kept with a white sheet covering his body.

"Luke." Veronica said as she tapped her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Ronnie! I can't believe...David! He was my..our..he didn't deserve it! He didn't deserve to die!" Luke said as he and Veronica hugged and he cried on her shoulders. Veronica was gonna be strong for him and not cry.

"I know. None of us deserved it." Veronica said rubbing his back.

****
After some time they both returned to back by their friends bringing for them bottles of water.

"Thanks." Both Jessi and Brad said as Luke handed them each a bottle of water. Veronica handed Trina and Lesley a bottle of water.

"Thanks Ronnie." They said.

"How's your tongue?" Veronica asked her.

"The pain is gone." Lesley said.

"Here you go." Luke said handing his sister a bottle of water. Tyler was by a little distance from them all. Veronica with her good heart walked by him.

"Here. You must be thirsty." She said handing him a bottle of water. He looked at her and took it. Veronica was about to walk away when Tyler called her.

"Uhm...Ronnie. About earlier, I'm really sorry." Tyler said.

"It's okay. I understand, we're all stressed out and we all let our anger and tiredness overcome us. I should also be apologizing for talking like that with Maddie. I mean I was just...I mean I share everything with her. She could of just talked to me. I didn't even know you both slept together." Veronica said sniffing.

"The day you and Luke went out, the night, Maddie had invited me, Trina and Lesley over." Tyler started.

"Ty, it's okay. You don't have to say..." Tyler then cut of Veronica.

"You deserve to know. David was away with his family. And well you know Brad was with Jessie. So the rest of us, we were all there staying over with her. We had a few drinks, watched a movie and after a couple more drinks, Trina started to feel sick so Lesley took her home. I stayed back to help Maddie clean up even though she didn't wanted any help. While we were cleaning the empty beer bottles... and it was late, we both were a bit high and we just stared at each other before we kissed and it just happened." Tyler explain the story to Veronica.

"Then why didn't she say something. I mean if you both hook up or one night stand or something then she could of just told me. I tell her all my secrets." Veronica said.

"She didn't tell you because..." Tyler cut off.

"Because?" Veronica asked.

"The next morning we woke up shocked to see ourselves next to each other. I made her promise not to tell you anything about what happened. I honestly didn't know about the pregnancy." Tyler said.

"Why did you make her promise something like that?" Veronica asked.

"Because I know before Luke entered your life..the thing that happened." Tyler started but Veronica said something to cut him off.

"Wait! All this was because of that little thing that happened between us? Ty we promise each other never to let it destroy our friendship. We've been close friends since kindergarten." Veronica said.

"I know. I'm sorry, again." Tyler said.

"Ty. What happened between us five years ago was buried five years ago. Just move on from it already. Let's go back to them." Veronica said and Tyler sighed before following Veronica back to their friends.

"David's parents will be here any minute. How are we gonna tell them what happened to David?" Trina asked.

"Let's just speak the truth. If they believe us or not..." Jessie said before being cut of by David's sister Daisy.

"Well what's the truth?! Where is my brother?!" Daisy asked her eyes red.

"Right across from here." Luke said.

"What happened to my brother?!" Daisy asked tears streaming down her face. David's parents was right behind her also in tears. They each took turns explaining what happened. Daisy and her parents just kept quiet.

"You're saying my son died before a stupid game!!" Danielle, David's mother yelled. His father Steven was next to Danielle.

"You have to believe us! Look at Luke and Lesley!" Veronica said. Danielle then walked up to Veronica and slapped her across the face. Everyone gasped covering their mouths with their hands. Luke and Trina then quickly came next Veronica.

"Stop lieing on my son! It's because of you all he's dead!" Danielle yelled. Veronica held her hand over the slapped side of her face.

"I'm sorry but it's true." Trina said.

"Mum! Calm down, please! Let's just go see him." Daisy said as Steven held Danielle and walked her to the side where their dead son was at.

"Ronnie I'm sorry about mom. But you understand why she did that. I mean...if I was in her spot I would of done the same." Daisy said.

"It's okay." Veronica said trying to smile.

****
Trina, Lesley, Luke, Veronica, Brad, Tyler, Maddie and Jessie was walking out the hospital and into the parking lot.

"Guys. Let's go home, get some sleep and never talk about this again." Maddie said.

"We'll try." Jessie said.

"And tomorrow we all meet at station for two p.m." Veronica said.

"See you guys. Goodnight." Brad and Jessie said before leaving together in Brad's car.

"Maddie, Ronnie." Luke said.

"Bye guys. Les, Tri let's go." Tyler said as they all went their separate ways.

*****
The Next Day....

It was two p.m in the evening and everyone was waiting in the outside the interrogation room. They were all going in one at a time separately. Veronica was the last to go in as Jessie came out.

"Veronica you're the last one." Jessie said and Veronica nodded. She went in and sat in front of the two cops who was there at the hospital.

"Hi, I am officer Chad Roderick. Name and age please." Said the younger cop from the hospital, introducing himself.

"And I am officer Kevin Sanders." Said the older cop.

"Veronica Grayson, I turned eighteen last month." Veronica said a but nervous and scared.

"Miss Grayson. Where were you when your friend, David died?" Said Chad.

"I was on the balcony. David was in the roof top. He slip and fell down without a sign." Veronica said as tears came out her eyes.

"Alright then. Since this case will be taken as an suicide, I'll file the report one time." Said officer Sanders whom got up and left the interrogation room.

"So you saw your friend fall a forty feet drop on the ground? Why did he went up there in the first place?" Chad asked.

"Like the others already said, the game we played. It turned real. It's like an possession. David's dare was to drop from the roof. We told him focus and fall on the grass but he was scared of heights." Veronica explain in tears.

"Here take this." Chad said handing her a napkin wipe.

"Thank you." She said.

"Well since neither me or anyone else besides your friends and you are going to believe what you just said, we're calling it a suicide. You may leave." Chad said.

"Suicide?! My closest friend was murdered by that demon or whatever it is!" Veronica said standing up angrily.

"You need to relax! Just please go. Your time is finished here." Chad said before Veronica left the room and joined her friends outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤