Chapter 9: Enter > Symbiotes

(Normal POV)

After being taken to somewhere she didn't know filled with giant robots that are all with red optics, met some sort of an evil warlord with interest in her (or so she thought), and finally being placed in the hands of a mech, that apparently has...kids?

She doesn't seem close to expressing any emotions. No indicating mental breakdowns, anger, crying and/or screaming for help like the few humans they plucked off from the earth, onto their warship and eventually died for various reasons that will not be mentioned.

She was oddly calm about this.

But when she was asked by one of the smaller robots on what her name was, she didn't know how to answer. The cassette twins looked at her, waiting for a reply.

Cecilia tilted her head to the side when she heard this question. She didn't trust them enough to use her voice and she didn't bring her notebook and pen with her. She felt a nudge on her arm and looked down at her lap. Laserbeak was gesturing to the large tablet that laid beside her. She blinked and raised an eyebrow.

Use it, stupid human.

She felt a smile on her face when he answered.

'Kinda missed your voice in my head Beaky.'

He gave a mechanical snort.

I don't do feelings human.

'Alright then.'

Laserbeak hopped out of her lap, giving the meaning for her to go to the datapad. She struggled to release Ratbat from where he was draped on her leg. In the end. He moved to the back of her neck, her short hair made him easier to grab on.

She sat next to the pad and wrote her name.

"Ce...cili...a?" Rumble managed to sound out.

"Normal name for a human femme." Frenzy gave a grin. "We'll call you Ceci from now."

His twin nods in agreement. "Shorter and easier to remember. Bet you feel accomplished by using your processor for once aren't ya?" he smiled mischievously at his brother.

"Hey! I can use it whenever I want to you piece of-"

Soon enough, they began to brawl on the floor while shouting curses and insults at each other. Ratbat crawled down and clung to her stomach. She rubbed his head gently and smiled when she heard a happy purr.

She gave a quiet giggle and asked Laserbeak in her mind.

'Are they always like this?'

Unfortunately, yes.

'Must be interesting.'

Hmm?

'I mean, living with a family like this. You wouldn't be bored any day in your life.'

That is true. One query though.

'Shoot.'

What?! You want me to fire on you? You have a death wish human.

'I meant that now you may ask your question.'

Oh. That makes much more sense. Do you realize that whenever we talk, your...necklace emits a dim light?

'Really?'

She looked at the jewelry she was wearing and he was correct. The gem was giving a soft light, now that they weren't talking anymore, the light disappeared.

'Hmm. I actually do realize that. But I didn't know it was because of us talking.'

Wat you talkin' bout?

. . .

. . .

. . .

'Uh... Beaky?'

In the name of Unicron, I swear that wasn't me!

It's me Watbat! -RB

The girl looked down at the metal bat who was leaning on her midsection. He gave a cheerful squeak and nuzzled the soft fabric she was wearing.

'Oh, hello there cutie.'

Hewwo! -RB

How did you get in here Bat's? -L

Dunno, onwy touch shiny human gem. -RB

'Do you think my necklace did this?'

What do you think human? -L

'Nevermind!'

You two funny. -RB

While they were communicating in secret, Ravage noticed how quiet the three of them got. Reaching through his sibling bond with Ratbat, he felt that the youngest symbiote was happy. He nudged the one with Laserbeak and found that he was pleased with something.

Before he asked what was going on, the door opened to reveal Soundwave. The twins stopped fighting and stood as still as they could, but occasionally punch each other. Cecilia, who was in an interesting conversation with both Laserbeak and Ratbat, looked up with a curious face.

"Human femme: Will be moved to the medical bay.
Rumble, Frenzy: Cease bickering."

He picked up the human with surprising gentleness and set her on his palm. With a last knowing look at the two miscreants who were smiling innocently at him, he turned around and proceeded to carry the organic to Knockout's medbay.

(Cecilia's POV)

Just to be clear here. I don't know what is going on right now, where I am, why am I taken, and why I'm being manhandled like this. But one thing for sure. I have an unsettling feeling for what is about to occur.

Soundwave left me in what looks like a giant version of a hospital room, with big metal tables and large tools on top of a counter.

Knockout is here again. I'm guessing he's the medic, as Laserbeak told me.

"Alright-y then human. Let me get some things straight," he spoke.

"This is my medbay, my domain, and you will follow my orders. I'm the one in charge here."

I nodded. Didn't want to anger him like the last time. And I really dont wanna know what will happen if I didn't obey him. One look at his shiny finish and I know he's a narcissist.

Note to self: Do not insult his paint job.

"Now sit over there and dont move." he pointed to a higher spot on the end of the metal bed.

I did as so and watched as he scanned me. It left a ticklish feeling behind, I squirmed a bit.

"Hmm." he thought. He bent down and inspected my necklace. I leaned my head back as he went up to my personal bubble. Oookay. This is awkward.

He tapped twice on the gem and grinned when it glowed and turned into a cherry red color. Then, small inscriptions we're seen below the gem. Hold up, since when did it change color?

"My assumptions are correct. This is a piece of the shard."

The shard?

What shard?

He stood to his full height and pressed one of his antennas on the side of his face.

"Breakdown, I need you to get me something. Yes, that. Bring it to the medbay then pick up the fleshy." he frowned and rolled his optics. "Yes now, and move quickly!"

He turned his attention to me and lowered his hand.

"I received orders from Lord Megatron to not harm you in any way. That includes emotionally too. Let's make an agreement, squishy." he said.

Oh, now I'm interested. Hopefully, it's not a bad one.