The clock struck 11 A

The clock struck 11 A.M just as you finished putting on your shoes.

Rumors of a library and farmers markets pulled you out of your usually reclusive mood, further pushing you out of the door.
Locking it, you sighed through your nose. Giving a quick knock onto your neighbors' door, you backed up politely and stared down.

Their welcome mat was so normal that it was almost a bit... off. You digress; it's probably just the small town jitters (all in your head, yes?). Settling for tapping a foot patiently, the soft unlock of the door captured your attention. Your neighbor was much more cleaned up than you expected, and you shuffled nervously where you stood.

Messy, Luscious jet black hair waved around her face with eyelashes to match; a feminity that made you almost doubt your own looks. It stopped just above her shoulders and was styled to get increasingly shorter in the back.
Habitually looking past her, it was impossible to ignore the fact that house was dark. As in, almost all the blinds were closed and the only light around was lamps.

Oh! It clicked. Perhaps she stayed at home while her husband worked?

" Apologies for waking you, miss. "
She winced at the sunlight and aggressively moved back, sending a very f̶a̶k̶e̶ wide smile your way.

" Ah, no worries.

...Besides, I was yet to wake. You were but a coincidence. " Though she was pale as the moon, she seemed to long to crawl back into the darkness of her home. Passing it as a serious case of fatigue, you shrugged inwardly. It honestly wasn't unorthodox in the slightest for older people to look run down sometimes. Humming before continuing to talk, your demeanor changed from skittish to rushed. You didn't want to annoy your neighbor already. That was for later.

" I was wondering if you knew of the eatery here? Any grocers? "

She shrunk back behind her door once again, popping her hip out to give the appearance of casualty. Consciously, her skin was screaming in agony. Sunlight felt like hell - she'd know.
Swallowing the curses wished to be bestowed on you, her fake smile lit up her face again; allowing naïve eyes to admire her mouth full of dazzling teeth. What a goner, she thought.

" The about-most one would be Kell's. Her supply is plenty, As a barn can get. "

" Then, that is all I'll inquire you of. Afternoon, miss. "
You waved and stepped back, allowing your shadow to cast over her. She sighed in great relief, closing the door abruptly.
What a tired lady. You hoped she'd get some rest soon.

You did forget to get her name... On the papers to the apartment, you believed her name to be something like... Laverne. Or maybe Layla? You'll inquire her at a better time.

Labyrinthe's P.O.V.

I closed the door and weakly sighed. They almost had me killed. Luckily, they weren't shown to my strange actions. I gave a look to the door and walked further into the house.