Ch 15: Arrangement

Han's hand slipped over mine. It always gave me a jolt whenever I felt that foreign warmth slide over my near numb limb. He would draw soothing circles over my palm, look at me with a crease in his brow and ask me if I felt anything. Omegas were drawn to physical affection or so went the preconceived notion. So it was a little less strange to me that he was so open to physical touch after the fiftieth time it happened. In this case at least, Hans seemed especially bothered by the unusual numbness I felt in my left arm, the same one that had taken the bullet for Mikail and Ross.  He would gently slide his fingers over my hand while we talked and ask me if I felt the heat of his palm. Sometimes I would tell him no just to keep his hand there a few precious seconds longer. I was getting better but that's besides the point. Having his hand over mine was the only comforting thing in the world at the moment. 

"Your friends James, Elise, and uh..."

"Declan?"

"Erm, yes, they tried to call last night," Hans continued. His voice was always soft and strangely composed like he was talking to a dinner guest at all times. It was a bit funny if not a little sad. Apparently, from what little he'd told me over the few days I'd been trapped at the hospital, his father didn't allow his precious omega son much time to socialize. Hans had even been home-schooled. 

"Elise demanded you call as soon as you were awake or she'd...um..."

"Cut off my dick?" I finished for him brightly. I chuckled at the red that suddenly overtook his face. And he wondered why I called him a kid. 

There was a not uncomfortable silence that followed. Through the window filtered in a bright and sunny August day that gave a little bit more life to the usually sterile greens and whites of the hospital room. I felt a dip of disappointment as Hans pulled his hand back but closed my eyes and listened to the comforting, slow tune he started humming. The past few days seemed to drag on whenever it got this quiet; each aching hour spent alone and under the slight influence of something. With Hans however, I was content to let the time pass as we settled into our own heads. It was almost as perfect as it could get in a hospital room. 

"Have you agreed with the arrangement? Um, Ross was asking..."

I opened my eyes and groaned. Perfection never seemed to last long. You'd think I would know this by now. Slowly sitting up, I crossed my arms and raised a brow.

"You wanna know what that asshole asked me? If I wanted to stay at his fancy condo or Joe's condo. They're not even giving me a choice! Fuck that. I refuse to interact with that bastard or my exes any more then I have too."

A long, uncomfortable pause followed. Hans was as baffled as I was when he had learned that both my exes were in a relationship with Ross Edwards of all people. Over the past few days, Joe had called me up multiple times asking me where I wanted to stay. Hans was living with Ross. I could live with him or Ross. What he probably didn't expect was for me to call him an arrogant asshole and then promptly hang up. After his fiftieth call, I actually spoke with him but ended by letting him know that the one thing I would not be doing was moving in with either of "you asshole alphas". There was a feeling of triumph when he hung up with an irritated growl touching his usually calm and pristine voice. 

"But what about the Blue Dragons? What about Seraz?" Hans began worriedly. I sighed as I asked for his phone. It was my only means of communication with Elise, James, and Declan. 

"They were after you and now you're safe. Dominic isn't into that killing shit. Yeah, he sends his men out to harass small businesses for money of whatever so I don't think he really cares."

"His men shot up a hotel!" Hans said in a voice slightly above his quiet whisper which made me think that it was his version of yelling. I shrugged.