Epilogue: Ross

4 Months Later 

"I am not taking $500!" 

"Suck it up, sweetheart, it's what you're getting."

"What the hell do I need $500 for? Hans and I are checking out some souvenir shops. We need like fifty bucks asshole."

"Minimum of $500 is my final offer. Take it or leave it, Con."

"I'll leave it, dickwad."

I could feel the corner of my mouth quirk up. Lowering my sunglasses, I peaked over at the spunky little delta as he glared up at Joe. 'Little' was a bit of a misnomer. Conrad Fitzroy was a beautifully handsome man in his own right. Still, he was a feisty little kitten compared to Joe and I. Even Misha had a bit more of a lean, athletic grace. Speaking of whom. 

"Should we intervene?" Misha asked as he looked up from where his head was resting on my  chest. He seemed concerned and not a little unperturbed. I didn't blame him. One would think a day at the private area of the beach was just what the doctor ordered for a squabbling pair such as those two. Some peace, quiet and the rhythmic waves of the ocean in the distance. Of course, we should have all known such an idea was but a fantasy. I personally didn't mind. Joe's antics and the intriguing delta were nothing short of an endless source of entertainment. I was content to watch them from where Misha and I lay on the comfortable towel on our section of the beach. 

Nonetheless, I forced myself up do to Misha's urging. Worry-filled pine green eyes seemed to be a weakness for me. 

"Mind if I take sparky off your hands?" I asked. My arm wrapped up around Conrad's bare waist as I slid up behind them. The delta jumped and shot me a glare that was less intense than actual hatred. I smiled back, knowing I was giving him my best shit-eating grin. What could I say? His skin was nice and smooth and a lovely velvet against the palm of my hand. My grip tightened.  

Joe huffed. "Yeah, if you teach him some manners in the process, praise be."

"Shut up," the red-head nearly growled. It was the growl of a cat against a tiger but Joe and I humored him. I mean, the kid had a back-bone! And dignity. Accepting even a little money from us was too egriguous for him but we'd slipped a few bucks here and there if he needed it or if we had a good enough excuse. I'd managed to convince Conrad to take a small (but what seemed to him an ungodly) allowance monthly. Joe, unlike I, however, was not the best salesman and his pitches only managed to irritate the fiercely independent delta. 

I smiled and began dragging him to the pier.

"Hey, what about Hans?"

"Joe's going to teach him to surf," I said. I eyed the souvenir  shop Conrad had been looking at since we'd come. I'd convince the delta to treat himself. 

As we entered the shop, Lilian Gallahan, a dear childhood friend and fellow business associate passed by. The week-long trip to LA and it's beautiful sunset beaches was also a grueling business trip. I could only stand it with her.

"Conrad! There you are! Say, you never introduced me to that Elise friend of yours you were talking about..."

I left them to talk for a bit as I scoured the shop. My eyes landed on a beautiful carving knife only a few feet away.

"Yeah, shit, I'll give you her phone number..."

I considered the different snow globes of LA and a few fancy shot glasses. Conrad had mentioned off-hand to Hans that he had been planning on bringing back souvenirs to his friends in Tulach. How to tell him I could have paid for their stays in California as well? Smiling to myself, I considered the idea. Yes, this summer would be the perfect time. After all, I had to apologize for threatening to close down his friend's pub. The point was moot. Ross Edwards, however, hardly left his integrity to the wind. Especially not for sexy young men like Conrad. On that note, I looked over to the two again.