Chapter 10

Colby's P.O.V

"Colby, hun, Sam's here!" My mother called from down stairs and I quickly threw my shirt on. I ran a hand through my hair and walked out after grabbing my phone. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked downstairs.

"H-Hey." I mumbled once I spotted Sam in my doorway, staging quietly. "Hey." He smiled lightly and waved awkwardly. "Do you mind heading out?" He asked and I shook my head lightly. What could he possibly want? "Mom, we're heading out." I called out to her and grabbed my beanie.

I slipped it on and shut the door after me. "Let's go?" He questioned and I nodded before we started walking in a specific direction. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and looked at the ground, kicking small pebbles on the way.

"I'm sorry for not showing up the day before." He began and I looked at him a little. "You seemed stressed y-yesterday, what's up with that?" I asked softly, ignoring his apology. He let out a sigh and stayed quiet for a short while.

"I was thinking things through. I was.. confused." He spoke up, running a hand through his hair. "Confused of what?" I asked on, looking over at him. "Confused of my feelings." He replied once more.

"For Katrina?-" "For you Colby. I.. I don't know how I feel towards you." He blurted, grabbing my hands and facing me as we stopped walking. I stood in shock as I looked at him in disbelief. What is he saying?

"Colby, I.. I think I love you. Not Katrina." He spoke again and my heart dropped. Is this real? Am I dreaming? Cause if I am, I never want to wake up.

-

Sam and I sit on the roof of the abandoned factory, staring off into the beautiful sunset that viewed ahead of us. Yet his words wouldn't leave my mind. I need to know. "Sam, a-about before.." I began, looking over at him. He looked my way and let out a soft sigh.

"D-Did you mean.. what you said?" I whispered out and looked up at him with glossed eyes. This is the moment of truth. The moment that'll predict my happiness. He stared into my blue orbs and down at my lips then back up again. "I did." He whispered and stared lovingly into my eyes.

Obliviously leaning in, our foreheads touch, leaving our lips inches apart from the other. Desperate to touch. "W-What about Katrina?" I whispered, everything returning to me. "Forget about Katrina.. I love you." He smiled and connected our lips, feeling a loving spark instantly hit my heart.

The feeling of our lips moving against one another's made bliss roam through my full body. The kiss was filled with love, and passion. It was genuine, and everything I imagined it would be.

Reaching his hand up and cupping my cheek, Sam deepened the kiss making it twice as blissful as it already was. Pulling me closer, he slipped his hand down to my waist, his fingers instantly sending shivers throughout my body.

We pulled away, leaving a string of saliva as we lay our foreheads against each other. I wiped my lips with a blush and smiled brightly. "I'm done denying it. Colby, I want you to be mine." He spoke softly and my heart skipped a beat.

"Then I'm yours.."

-

We lay under the bright stars, Sam's arms wrapped around me and my life feeling complete. It still all shocking to me. My dream had finally become a reality. The person I thought didn't like me back, did. In fact, he loves me. And I couldn't be happier than I am now.

Yet what if I'm dreaming? What if this was all fake? What if I wake up and everything is back to the way it is? My sexuality a secret from all, Sam back with Katrina and my dreams crushed?

"What are you thinking about, love?" Sam whispered as he looked down at me. "I'm scared to wake up. W-What if this isn't real?" I muttered, looking down. That sounded less pathetic in mind.

Sam lifted my chin up and placed a tender kiss against my lips. I sunk in and returned the favor, closing my eyes lightly. "Did this feel real?" He chuckled and pulled away making me blush. Am I ever going to get used to this?

"It did." I laughed lightly and looked down smiling. He smiled and reached up, tucking a string of stray hair behind my ear. "I tried to deny this; my love for you. But my heart always lead me on the right path." He spoke and cupped my cheek.

"And it was right. I truly do love you.." He breathed out and reconnected our lips once more. I hope this never ends..

809 words