one

"Heck. No."

"Cmon, Kokichi! Just try it, please?" Himiko begged.

"You better do it Kokichi, or I will roundhouse your ass," Tenko announced.

"Fine, fine," I whined. I can't stand Himiko and her always pestering me to try her "potions." She never bothers anyone else, why me?!

She handed it to me and I brought it up to my lips, then "accidentally" dropped it. I grinned as I watched it shatter into pieces.

"Oops,"

"What the hell Kokichi? What a jerk," Tenko scoffed. She and Himiko left the cafe as I laughed.

Himiko bumped into Shuichi, who was on his way in. He glanced quizzically at her as she stormed out.

He looked over to me and rolled his eyes. He knew it had to do with me.

I was sitting on the table despite Kirumi's wishes, and was resting my chin on the palms of my hands. Shuichi unexpectedly sat down on the table with me, despite being much too tall to do so.

"Hiya, Shumai! Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing much. What happened with Himiko?" he asked, avoiding my question.

"I 'dropped' her potion that she wanted me to drink," I said, using air-quotes.

"Ah, I see." he said. "Why?" It was almost like he was interrogating me. I guess I should expect that from the Ultimate Detective.

"I can't stand her! She's constantly trying to get me to drink her potions!" I complained.

"Why do you think that is? Why not anyone el-"

He stopped talking and gave me a pitiful look. That was..weird? Why did he look at me like that?

"Kokichi, I'm gonna give it to you straight," he finally explained. "I could be wrong, but I think she's using you as a.... lab rat? Forgive me for this, but she might be using you specifically because she knows no one would care if something happened to you,"

Ouch.

Not even Shumai?

"WAHHH! THAT'S SO MEAN, SHUMAI!" I fake-cried.

"Ah-! I-I'm sorry Kokichi! I didn't mean it like tha-"

"Just kidding! Pfft, you should've seen the look on your face!" I giggled.

He groaned and got off the table, waving a small goodbye to me as he was getting ready to leave.

Before he could go, however, Himiko burst through the door.

"You'll regret it, Kokichi! You'll regret being such a... such a BRAT!" she yelled, pointing a plastic wand at me.

"Whatever do you mean, Himiko? Are you gonna put a spell on me?"

She glared at me and started to leave again.

"I already have."