Chapter 24 - Calling to account

"I thought you were healing me. But no, you just broke me even more."

Alejandro's POV

As she noticed me, she bit her lower lip nervously, squeezing the strap of her bag. She looked bad. It felt like she was going to collapse any minute. Her face was pale. Her eyes were swollen from crying. Seeing her in his state made my heart sink. I felt guilty, but I had to do it and then, when I changed my mind, it had already been late.

I cleared my throat and gave my assistant, who was staring at us like she was watching a movie, a dirty look. She instantly averted her gaze.

I cleared my throat as I looked at Andrea and commented dryly. "Follow me!"

"Don't disturb us!" I ordered my assistant and walked into my office without waiting for Andrea.

I put my hands into my pockets and asked nonchalantly. "What do you want?"

She bit her lower lip nervously, looking away. "Is..." She mumbled. She breathed deeply and asked. "Is it you?"

"What are you talking about?!" I snapped, pretending to be shocked.

"Did you tape us? Why? And then why did you leak it?" She asked, full of sadness in his eyes.

"Don't talk bullshit!" I snapped.

"It is you." She commented, giving me a disappointed look. "I know you very well. When you hide something. You forgot me, but I remember you very well." She declared sadly as her eyes welled up. "What did I do to you to deserve it? Why do you hate me?" She asked as tears ran down her cheeks, and she approached me.

I clenched my fist, looking away. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply. I disgusted myself. It was unbearable seeing her crying.

"Why do you break my heart again and again? What did I do to you? Tell me!" She shouted as she grabbed my collar and shook me while crying.

I grabbed her wrists and pushed her back. I breathed deeply and replied bitterly, looking into her eyes. "Ask your father. Yes, you are innocent, but children pay a price for their parents' mistakes."

Like I did! I added with my inner voice. I almost lost everything dear to me. You too.

"What the hell are you talking about?! My father couldn't do anything to deserve it." She snarled in frustration and shook her head while tears were running down her cheeks.

I laughed sarcastically and approached her.

"Andrea, leave!" I demanded between my gritted teeth, giving her a dark glare. "I have more important things to do than talking to you." I stated bitterly.

Go, please! I don't want to hurt you with my words anymore.

"Didn't you feel anything towards me at all?" She asked, looking at me hopefully.

I looked away, gritting my teeth. I breathed deeply and lied. "No!" She looked at me, stunned, her mouth agape. "I should admit you are my favorite entertainer; you are a freak in bed. It feels so good. To fuck you." I gave her a seductive look and trailed my finger along her neck as I closed the distance between us.

She looked at me in astonishment. She gritted her teeth and slapped me across my cheek.

I clenched my fist, frustrated. I was holding myself hard. I grabbed her wrist tightly as she wanted to slap me again. She screamed in pain.

"Don't dare to do it again." I hissed, giving her a dark glare and pushed her arm away. "Get out of here!" I snapped.

"No! I will not go anywhere. You will tell me why you did it to me." She stated angrily.

I frowned, annoyed and threatened her as I grabbed my phone. "If you don't leave now, I will call the security."

She gave me a mocking look and pushed everything off my desk.

"Andrea!" I exclaimed in annoyance.

She started throwing everything to the walls and floor. I breathed deeply, trying to control myself and caught her by wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"Let go of me, you bastard!" She struggled.

As she hit my foot with her heel, catching me off guard, I screamed in pain and released her. She lost her balance and fell down.

I sighed sadly and tried to help her to get up, but she raised her hand up, stopping me.

"Don't touch me!" She snapped and stood up. "I hate you! I hate you! Why did I fall in love with you? You are ruthless." She stated, crying.

I clenched my fist, closing my eyes and rubbed my temple as I turned around.

"Andrea, leave!" I demanded firmly.

A few seconds later, I heard the door slam.

I turned around and breathed deeply, closing my eyes. I ran my hand through my hair, cursing.

After calming down a little, I grabbed my phone and left.

I parked my car in front of the graveyard and got out of the car.

I bent down beside my father's grave and looked at it, lost in my thoughts. I pursed my lips together as my eyes welled up.

"I got our revenge, Dad. But my anger towards him didn't disappear. Moreover, now I hate myself. Why do I still feel bad, Dad? My heart didn't stop arching." I admitted sadly as tears ran down my cheeks. "You know I... I love her." I confessed. "I tried to forget her, but I couldn't. I love her so much. However, I couldn't keep her away from my revenge. It hurts me more when I hurt her. I can't realize myself anymore. I don't know what to do anymore. I am lost in my darkness." I paused, running my hand through my hair. "If you were here, you could give me advice. I miss you, Dad." I confessed and burst out crying.

****

I parked my car in front of my mansion and got out of the car. As I walked into the house, the maid informed me that my mother was here. I frowned, annoyed and went to the living room.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped and placed my hand into my pocket.

"We need to talk." She replied firmly.

"I don't have time." I said dryly.

"Why did you leak the video?" She asked, trying to control his anger.

"It is none of your business!" I snapped.

She shook her head in disapproval. "You didn't even deny."

"I don't think you would believe me if I deny." I commented nonchalantly.