Chapter 19-The Truth

(WARNING: Content could bring up past experiences, deadly traumatic events used-all fictional! This is also the final wedding chapter! So enjoy it!)

I had sat down and looked around for about twenty minutes before Pierce and Rhys joined us. Rhys looked very, very, different. I smiled and placed my head on my hand with this stupid smirk on my face.

"Had enough of Mr. Monty?" I asked and he nodded in tiredness. I laughed out with a bright smile. "He's like that. So don't worry. He's got stories to tell about those he trains and those he's lived with. He's got a history."

"Apparently you do as well," Rhys said, "You and Tommy are warriors. Powerful ones at that. Elder Monty said you had never lost a battle in your life."

"O-Oh," I said in silence, "Well, yeah, we are. Were I mean. We stopped after he met Anna Maria. So many people wanted to hurt us... to do anything to take us down... We ended our fights slowly and spoke carefully about our next steps. Mr. Monty was helpful to both of us when we were pulling out of the club. He even kept our legacy and marked us on the walls."

"Why did you stop?" Pierce asked, "Tommy had to stop. You did not."

"Yes I did," I said simply, "Because of more than just Tommy." I stood up and looked towards a clearing of people. "Excuse me. For a moment." I gave a nod to Pierce for him to follow me in a minute. He understood-I could tell as I began walking past everyone, leaving the wedding scene behind me. Hopefully forever.

I stood far at the end of the scene, waiting for Pierce, and getting greeted by someone else around.

"Pierce thought I should follow instead," Rhys said and placed his hands on my shoulders, "If you don't want to tell me... then don't."

"You know," I began, "I didn't think anything of that moment, once it happened. Once he showed up. That day was... just the first. I stopped fighting because of it. Because I saw... Dominick..."

"Dominick???" Rhys asked almost shocked.

"Yes," I sighed and kept my back to him, "You wanna know the truth... the truth is... him. It is just Dominick. When I was a child, it was myself, my mother, my twin brother, and... my Father." I tried to stress the word Father so it would seem pointless and meaningless. "It was mine and my brother's 5th birthday, the day he snapped. I came downstairs to start the day, and she was on the floor. My brother was as well. The thing is though, even though I came in when she was on the floor, I saw her die..."

"Dominick, killed her?" He asked and I could hear him take a step back.

"Both of them," I corrected, "My Mother and brother. I ran to my friend's house after that. He killed my friend's family and I ran again. The next thing I remembered, I was on the streets. Alone and crying..." I felt his arms fold around me as I hit him back. "Dominick showed up at the Fight Club one night and I saw him. I didn't think much of it, I hadn't seen in years. Then... he got me kicked out of school... He came to my house. Threatened Ava and my Dad's. All to take me down. And it worked... I backed out of the club and never looked back."

"Dominick... would it pain you enough to look back at his appearance?" Rhys asked as he stepped in front of me. Tears were pouring down my cheeks as I shut my eyes tight. His arms folded around me, and I felt like a helpless little girl again. I felt like, I was free of my past. For the first time in my life.

"H-He was tall..." I forced out, "Skinny... pale... black hair, with a pink stripe... and... pink eyes..." I felt his body stiffen as he held me tighter. "Please don't tell the others."

"I won't," He said, "I promise." And, when he spoke, I knew that he meant it. "Only if you promise not to tell anyone... that you might be from Damos."

"What?" I asked softly and looked up at him. He looked as scared as I was.

Why is everyone hiding something, even when I'm not? Well... almost...