𝐱𝐱. THE PRIVATE IRIS MESSAGE

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY ▬▬▬

CHRIS RODRIGUEZ WAS GONE THE next morning. Nobody knew where he went or if he would even come back. Camp had never been more miserable. Sixteen campers were killed, but only fourteen bodies had been retrieved (some in pieces). Nine year old Tyler O'Sullivan, a son of Ares, and his older fifteen year old half-brother, Milo Pierce, were nowhere to be found but some campers saw them being swallowed by the drakon after witnessing them attempt an aerial attack.

The Apollo children suffered three losses. The upper half of Jamie Navarro's body was found near the edge of the forest. She was only ten. Twelve year olds Noah Redman and Stella Emerson died through blood loss after they were both swatted to the side and smashed against a tree. Both of their ribs broke and pierced an organ, leaving them to internally bleed while their siblings tried in vain to save them.

The Aphrodite kids lost their cabin counselor, sixteen year old Stephanie Murray. She got her leg chomped up by the drakon and was unable to run away before it tossed her to the side. Silena Beauregard was the second in command, which meant she'd have to step up to the role of counselor. They also lost ten year old Belle Gallagher, who was hiding inside the arts and crafts station when it was demolished. She was found buried underneath all the rubble, crushed to death.

The Demeter kids also lost their cabin counselor, fifteen year old Summer Perez. She was on border patrol at the time when the drakon appeared. It squeezed her to death when it wrapped itself around her and several others. One of them being Eloise Maddox, the Demeter kids' twelve year old half-sister. Because of the loss of their counselor, Katie Gardner would have to step in.

The Hephaestus kids lost their two of their siblings too. There was Natalie Carpenter, their eleven year old half-sister. She was one of the people on border patrol at the time and died through the drakon's bind. Lola Jorgensen, thirteen, was helping her siblings retrieve the catapult, but didn't make it out of the amphitheater on time. The drakon had swatted her with its tail and she had a nasty fall that killed her on impact.

The Hermes cabin suffered the most. Not only did they lose Alyssa Rodriguez, but several other unclaimed kids and a child of a minor god. Thirteen year old Ivan Reid was on border patrol when he died along with fourteen year old Andrew Clarence. They died never knowing who their godly parent was. Another unclaimed child was Isabelle Sawyer, she was fifteen and brought to camp a month ago. The drakon had ravaged her and her body was found in multiple pieces. Finn Grayson, fourteen, was a son of a Hypnos. He saw Silas Clover, the satyr who had brought him to camp four years ago, being chased by the drakon and did what any friend would do, made himself a distraction to give Silas time to escape. Unfortunately, the drakon caught up to him.

People were going through repairs and preparing for the funerals. Some were trying to find Chris. Esmerelda was one of them.

"It says he's nearby... Somewhere at the beach, but I've already checked," she frowned, looking down at her labrys. The runes on the blade glowed faintly as she pointed it towards the beach's direction. "Maybe... he's on the Sound? Do you think he took a boat or something?"