Chapter 8

//Hi everyone, so sorry I haven't updated this in awhile I've had a busy few weeks so here's a short chapter!

That sentence rang through your ears. You began to feel strange, you watched Arthur motioning his hands while he spoke but you couldn't hear him, it almost felt like an out of body experience. You felt like you were watching this happen from across the room, watching Arthur desperately try to explain himself to you. You didn't understand but you didn't want to, you didn't want to return to your vessel and accept the fact you had been spending your days with a crazed murderer, but you had to, "Why?" Was all that you could say. You squinted your eyes as you began to feel sick, you looked down at the blood covered Walkman and tried to stay calm. "Let me explain okay? Let's sit down and talk." Arthur spoke as he reached out to touch your shoulder. You jolted back before he could touch you, Arthur's eyes glossed over as you rejected his comfort, he knew you were scared. You were eyeing up the front door." Okay let's sit." you gulped. You stood still for a few seconds, watching Arthur and you both didn't move, you had hoped Arthur was sitting before you tried to make your escape but he was too smart for that, the run to the door happened very quickly. You didn't make it, Arthur slammed the door shut before you even got close. Your heart was pounding out of your chest as you quickly ran to the other side of the apartment. Arthur looked dissapointed as he yelled, "You said the guy that killed them was a hero! That's what you said!"
You began to cry, "Oh my fucking god! You did this to be a hero?!"
Arthur lowered and shook his head, you kept your distance, "What then? I tell you what happened to me and you go and kill them for some kind of revenge?!"
"No! It was me or them and I chose myself okay!?" Arthur yelled through gritted teeth, he paused and lowered his head, "I had no idea who they were I swear, I was just defending myself and then- I saw the Walkman drop from his pocket and all I could think of was you so I grabbed it. It wasn't until later I made the connection."
"Jesus Christ" You whsispered as you slid down your wall and buried your face into your knees. "Okay, shit."
Arthur took a few steps towards you, "I wanted to tell you but I was afraid of what you would think of me and then you called me a hero and didn't even know it."
You looked up at Arthur and for the very first time you saw yourself. You saw your scared self, dirty from the muddy ground, cut knees and bruises, damaged by a monster. Arthur was no different.
Arthur dropped to his knees and began to quietly cry as he took your silence as bad news. You crawled towards him, wiping away a tear with your thumb and cupping his warm cheeks in your hands, "We were both hurt by the same person, and he got what he fucking deserved."