Chp. 53

~ ~ ~ ~MEGAN’S POV~ ~ ~ ~

The morning came quickly, probably too quick since I honestly didn’t want to get up and leave. I knew I needed to considering Shawn was probably on his way back home and the last thing he needed to see was me curled up in bed with his nineteen year old sister.

I rolled over to see Sam stretched out over her part of the bed and I couldn’t help but smile because she was so cute when she slept. I wouldn’t deny it anymore, and I just couldn’t keep rejecting the truth about how I felt about Sam.

It was obviously not working for either of us.

She looked super peaceful and relaxed, something Sam never was considering she was always one-hundred miles an hour. I listened to her breathing which was slow and steady and wished that she would wake up and I would be the first thing she would see today.

Whenever she had refused me last night it had managed to really shock the hell out of me. All this time I had assumed sleeping with me had been her main goal, but that was until yesterday whenever she had confessed her feelings. Then she stopped me, Sam stopped me from going too far because last night I couldn’t help myself any longer. All the emotion and the kissing had really set me off, but for Sam to stop me… well it was a bit confusing.

This moment didn’t feel real, none of last night felt real either, but it was and I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to feel about that.

In the time I had known Sam she had changed tremendously. She had matured into a totally different person, and even though I took credit for some of it I knew it was mostly her doing. She had finally come to the realization that she needed to grow up and take up her responsibilities as an adult, including coming to terms with a lot of things she hadn’t wanted to.

Like her feelings for me.

I had known Sam for nearly six months and our relationship probably sounded like a married couple, but knowing she was open to me now made me extremely happy.

But what was going to happen now?

We were obviously taking baby steps, like baby steps in our relationship. I mean hell it took her six entire months to admit she liked me, no telling how long it would take her to do anything else. But she was developing, and even though we both obviously liked the each other in some way, what did that mean for us?

I was still her teacher and she was still my student, that wasn’t going to change for another four months. Would she want to wait for me until she was graduated? And even if she waited would she mind keeping us a secret until it was okay to become a couple?

Oh hell what was I thinking?

I was looking forward way too much. I honestly couldn’t even sit here and contemplate the idea of Sam and I actually being together. I mean, look at the way her and Emma had turned out, and I had figured they were meant for each other.