Mask Dance

LEAH

I freeze.

I can't even push a breath out of my lips as my gaze meets his, two pools of deep dark that look too sincere to be fake. With my ears slowly blushing red, I push out my chin.

"You think you're so scary."

I'm not backing down.

Taking a deep inward breath, I slam my forehead against his, thinking that would be more than enough. But much to my dismay, he doesn't stumble back even an inch.

"You don't know what you're doing." He whispers, sending shivers tingling down my spine. "I could kiss you right now and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it."

If you really want to.

Pushing down every bit of my embarrassment and hesitation deep into the back of my mind, I crash my lips against his.

He clearly didn't expect that.

But to my shock, he kisses back. There's a beginning of red shading his cheeks, and the moment I see that, all of my humiliation and embarrassment disappears completely.

Both of us refuse to back down.

________________________

We end up kissing for a straight thirty minutes, which is just ridiculous.

And if a knocking on his door hadn't forced us apart, we would've kissed for hours, which is just unbelievable.

"What." Taehyung barks at the door, his full lips almost red as he pushes off of me in one fleeting motion. When the knocking comes again, his eyes narrow in frustrated annoyance.

And I'm just sitting there blinking.

When he walks briskly to his door and pulls it open with a scowl on his sculpted features, a man starts stuttering at his Master's sharp voice.

"Y-Y-You didn't answer for the last hour." He mumbles, and V releases a heavy sigh as I shift over a bit, out of his vision. "I was trying to tell you that you're late."

"For what."

"The Moon Dance?" And then the man's eyes widen as he looks at V, his undeniably blushed cheeks, the strained breaths he's trying to push down. "It's— uh, in thirty minutes."

It makes me roll backwards on the bed with my features twisted in embarrassment.

"Fine." After one stiff reply, he slams the door shut in the poor man's face and tugs on his collar. He shoots me a look.

"What are you doing? Didn't you hear?"

"I need to go?"

"You're dancing with me, Leah." He says in restrained annoyance, pulling off his jacket in one swift motion. His tattoos look black against white. "Yes, you need to be there."

I remember the last time I went as a serving girl, watching the Heads dance with their partners out in the spotlight.

It makes me cringe.

"But I thought you had someone else—"

"That woman from last time." He says, with a distasteful sigh. "I'd rather die than to dance with her again."

"Is it because you couldn't see her?" I ask, pushing off the bed.

"I can't see any woman's face other than yours." Taehyung confirms, his dark hair rippling as he moves. "And they all freak me out—"