Flamelight

LEAH

Would he like this one?

No, definitely this one.

Munching on a red velvet cake, I pick up one of the chocolate and march over to his room. It was late at night, about two o' clock in the morning and I couldn't sleep.

And he was always awake, so I might as well go see him.

But when I burst through his door, I find him sleeping on the bed. I'm stunned— I definitely hadn't expected him to actually be asleep.

His lips parted halfway, he suddenly lets out a heavy breath and tosses to his side. His features are all tensed up, and I abandon the cake on his desk.

He groans again, and I see the shape of his hand clenching and unclenching underneath the covers.

Nightmare?

Now curious, I go closer. His forehead is slick with sweat, face paler than usual. He keeps mumbling something under his breath, and when I finally recognize the slurred syllable, my face softens.

"Stop..."

That girl from the night of the Moon Dance.

I'm about to reach out to comfort him when his eyes suddenly snap open, feverish and desperate. I'm frozen like a statue as his stare lands on me.

He's breathing kind of hard.

"Leah."

He wraps his fingers around my wrist, pulling me next to him. I can feel his heartbeat, and he points at his neck with widened dark eyes.

"Leah. Kiss me here."

My brows raise a bit in surprise, but I comply quick. Wrapping my fingers around the back of his head, I tilt him to the side until his neck is exposed to me.

"Sure."

I can see his eyes shut as I press my lips  on his skin, trailing a path of butterfly kisses down his throat. I feel him swallow.

"More."

I glance at him worriedly. I know what he's doing— trying to forget that girl's lips on him by distracting himself with mine.

My lips purse.

Then I'd make him forget.

_________________________

"No."

He looks up at me in surprise when I run towards his desk. Then I sit right on top of his papers, arms crossed over my chest.

"Leah."

"Are you okay now?" I peer at him, watching a light red heat the curve of his ears. He shifts his collar, and I can see glimpses of the purple bruises I'd made on him last night.

"I—"

He turns away, and I take the hint. He doesn't want to remember anything related to her.

So I move on quickly.

"Complaints about the lighting?" I exclaim shockingly, my eyes scanning across a piece of paper I'd picked up. "Are they serious? Oh gosh. They're angry about the damn lighting."

"Leah."

He says my name again, amusement flickering in his eyes. I pick up another piece of paper, rolling my eyes dramatically as I scan the contents.