Chapter VII

VII

VII. The Tourney

281 A.C.

"If only Jaime were here."

Livia looked to her younger sister who kept sighing about her twin. It was almost unusual to her how much they doted on each other but who was she to judge the bond of twins.

"But aren't you proud of Jaime? He's a knight now and he is the youngest knight in history to be a Kingsguard." Livia smiled at Cersei as they waited for the tourney to begin.

"I thought that if he were Kingsguard, we would be able to spend more time together. I didn't know father would take me back to the Rock." Cersei pouted, a huge frown on her face.

"He'll be fine, Cersei and so will you. At least you will be at the comfort of home." Livia attempted to make her see the bright side.

"Without you or Jaime." Cersei answered, rolling her eyes.

Livia did not know what else to say what with Cersei's ill temper. "Oh, I think I see Oberyn. Will you be alright here on your own, dear sister?"

Cersei only nodded before turning away, mumbling about Livia marrying Oberyn instead.

Livia turned to look for Oberyn with a sigh. All this time and Cersei was still as difficult as ever but she did love her sister. Though she may be quite short-tempered, her love for her family never wavers except in matters concerning Tyrion.

Livia looked through the tents to look for her Dornish friend. They had kept in contact through Elia's perseverance. Although the Dornish princess has wed and had given birth to children, she still made time for her brother and her friend.

Thinking that she had heard Oberyn's voice in one of the tents, Livia entered the tent only to see laughing drunk men as they held a drinking contest.

All heads turned to look at her as she stared in shock. "Forgive me, I was looking for someone and I-excuse me."

She was about to exit the tent in embarrassment when she heard a familiar voice. "I knew I'd find you again, my lady."

Livia felt her mood dampen when she turned around to see the one man she had tried to forget all this time. The man who turns out was betrothed to Lyanna Stark and yet still tours Westeros to look for women.

"Lord Robert, Ser Richard, it seems I have interrupted something, forgive me." She spoke calmly.

Ser Richard Lonmouth, a knight of Rhaegar recognized her immediately. "No, please. Forgive us, my lady. It is ungallant to show such behavior to a highborn lady such as yourself."

However Robert seemed to not see the inappropriate sense of everything. "My lady, I have thought about you in nights where I find myself restless."

Livia scoffed at his words. "Lord Robert, save your charm for someone who would get charmed. I have already expressed my wants the last time we spoke."