Chapter XXXIII

XXXIII

XXXIII. Utterly Real

"Thisel?"

"Yes, my queen?"

Livia looked towards the mirror at her friend who was delicately braiding her hair. "What do you know of an illness that makes you sensitive to the scents of different foods?"

Thisel paused from her braiding, smiling to herself. "Did you feel extremely nauseous and sick until the smell was removed?"

"You know of it then?" Livia asked, hopeful.

If Thisel knew of it, then it could most probably be healed.

"Tell me, my queen. Have you been easily fatigued recently?" Thisel bit her lip as if trying to hide a smile.

"Yes. But that is because Robert and I have been so busy as of late. What with all that the realm needs for rebuilding." Livia frowned, confused by the smile slowly growing on Thisel's face.

Thisel smirked before answering. "And when was the last time you bled?"

"I guess it's been tw-" Livia paused before her mouth fell open.

Her eyes widened at what Thisel was insinuating. She and Robert had spoken of it, her father had hoped for it but for it to be true?

Surely, she could not be-

"I am with child?" Livia sputtered, shock filling her every being. She looked down at her flat stomach. Could there be a child growing inside her?

Thisel giggled. "I think you are, my queen. Should we call for Maester Pycelle to confirm it?"

Livia stuck out her tongue at the thought of the man. "Isn't there any other way to find out?"

"My mother told me that a full chamber pot can be used to check. Perhaps we could do that." Thisel offered.

Livia nodded, about to agree when the door to the chambers burst open and Robert strode in.

"Liv, Lady Lydden. How are you ladies this beautiful morning?" Robert asked, his voice cheery.

Livia turned her head to subtly shake her head at Thisel. She would tell Robert if she was sure but for now, she'd keep it as a tiny secret.

"Fine!" Thisel squeaked, her voice so high.

Robert raised an eyebrow before turning to Livia who just sighed. Thisel could not keep a secret for her life.

"Lady Lydden, you may go." Livia said before the young girl could burst and spill everything.

Thisel bowed, moving to leave before running back, grabbing Livia's chamber pot, and leaving once again.

At that, Livia shook her head. If that girl made it any more obvious then the whole kingdom would know before the day ends.