Chapter 27 - Vampire Child

As I was feeling helpless as fuck and being drank from, I watched a small child around the age of 5 walk in. The child was female, with short light blonde hair and light red eyes. Who did she belong to? The child then came closer before wrapping her tiny arms around Darla's leg, hugging her. 

Then, her mother came rushing in to collect her before Darla pulled her fangs out, looking down to look at the small child. She then wraps her arms around the child's body before picking her up. "I believe that she is yours?" she asked the mother in a tone that I couldn't understand. 

"Yes, I am so sorry, your majesty..." Darla cut her off, "You should be sorry. This is why I don't like children, they distract me." I watched Darla hand over the child before the mother looked like she was about to burst into tears. "Now GO." Darla then hissed at the mother before the mother quickly ran out. This made me follow her. 

"ALEXIS!!" I heard Darla call my name angrily, before I ignored the horrible bitch and caught up to the mother and her child. What am I doing? I thought I hated vampires! But, I can't hate a cute little child. But Darla does, I wonder why.

"Excuse me?" I asked the mother before she turned around to look at me, there was some tears streaming down her face. "Um, do you need help by taking care of your little girl? I used to be a babysitter." I then asked her and it was true. I love taking care of babies and children. 

"Sorry, but I don't think I can trust a human like you who despises our species." she replied before my heart felt like it stopped. I then watched her walk away, leaving me in pure shock. She can't trust me because I am a vampire hunter. Well, I don't know anymore. Anyway, I thought vampires couldn't have children, unless...unless they adopt a human child and turn them. Don't think that thought, Alexis. You will try and make amends with Kristina, then hopefully we can escape? I don't like being in this place anymore even though it has been nearly two days.

Speaking of nearly two days, I haven't slept at all. Suddenly, I collapsed and before I even hit the ground, Darla wrapped her arms around me. "Someone needs their sleep." she told me in my ear before picking me up bridal style. I let her take me back to her bedroom before I was carefully laid down on the gigantic bed. Then, I watched Darla lay down next to me. What was she doing? I turned onto my side, facing the red wallpapered wall. 

Then, I felt her wrap her arm around my waist, bringing me close to her cold body which made me have goosebumps. "Why do you hate us?" she then asked me, wanting to know my reason. I let out a deep sigh, wanting to forget about this day. 

"Tell me, please." 

Did she just say 'please'? 

"Your species came into my childhood house and captured my family. I was lucky that I wasn't found." I finally said, before Darla kept on asking me questions that I don't want to answer right now.

"Were they tortured?" 

"I don't know. Can you stop asking me personal shit?" I asked her before I began to close my eyes, trying to fall asleep but I just couldn't. Not when I got the Queen beside me.

"My apologises. I will leave you alone." she told me before I felt her go off the bed. Her footsteps then went towards the door, before the door closed shut. 

Nine hours later, I felt someone poking me. I opened my eyes before jumping at the sight of the female child. I then smiled at her. "Hello, little one. Where is your mum?" I asked her before I watched her grab my arm. She wanted me to go somewhere with her... Should I be worried? And the easy answer is yes. 

I sat up before scooting off the bed, before I felt the child pull my arm, alarming thoughts then came to my head. Suddenly, I started to hear vomiting. "Mummy isn't well." I was told by the child before we both started to run at the same time towards the awful sound. Once I got to the toilets...oh my god. There was so much blood...

I looked around for someone, before seeing Darla walking up to us. "No! Don't a...ask her!" the panicked child said to me. I had no other choice. I am not a doctor. 

"What is going on with that woman?" Darla asked before she went to see what was happening. Her eyes widened. That can't be good.

"Take the child away. This is serious." she instructed me before I picked up the child quickly before running down the corridor. The poor child was now crying for her mother in my arms. "MUMMY!!! MUMMY!!!" she screamed down the corridor before I saw a door opening, revealing a undressed Kristina. 

"What is going on?" she asked me before I told her, "Get dressed! I need your help!" I quickly replied before Kristina immediately nodded.  

Oh dear God, help us now...