Chapter 11 | They Were Talking About You

"Sometimes you have to fall hard enough for it hurt to know when to pick yourself up. You can't start to put yourself back together if you don't even know that you're broken."
-Alice Feeney, I Know Who You Are

************

**************

**************

      As I heard those words, standing up from the bed, my breath hitched and well, me being me choked on air. Her green eyes twinkled with recognition as I compose myself. She takes a deep breath and continues, "You're a werewolf."

No shit, Sherlock. Hold on, how does she know?

"Not just any ordinary she-wolf. But a wolf with silver in her blood. A wolf with extraordinary powers. A wolf rumored to be dead. A wolf with magic on her fingertips. A wolf with power to condemn the world. A warrior born to protect the world. A Silverette. The lost maiden warrior."

My wolf surfaces in me hearing her proclamation. The doubt in her eyes vanish and are replaced with reverence and adoration as my irises flash silver. Her head bows down on its accord as she gets down on one knee, with her right rand fisted over her chest hearing my wolf's growl.

I consume my wolf back and beckon Adele to stand with a flick of my wrist. She rises up but keeps her eyes on the ground. "Look up," I say which sounds feminine and tender compared to my wolf's previous growl. She looks up at me without hesitation. Her eyes seemed to be caught in a trance signaling her wolf on surface.

I gently place my hands upon her shoulders pulling her out of trance. She briefly blinks thrice and gazes at me through her green eyes.

"But why?" She whispers. I raise my eyebrows questioningly. What does she mean?

"But why did you lie? Why did you claim that you bore no wolf? Is it because you didn't trust us? You're a person to be honored. You being in our pack is a blessing no one can replace with. Even if you were not our Alpha's mate, we would be loyal to you. So why?"

I shake my head at her words. Creases form on her forehead. "It's not a matter of trust, Adele. It's a matter of guard and defense. I really don't know how to help you understand," I sigh visibly. "Maybe you could explain?" She asks with a somewhat mischievous grin.

Should I trust her? Can I tell her everything? She's a close friend of Maverick. Oh Goddess, what should I do?

"Adele, under any circumstance, you should not tell what I'm about to tell you. Unless I tell you so." She vigorously nods her head.

Taking a deep breath I resolve myself into a profound confidence. She looks at me expectantly. I walk up to the deep blue couch and plop myself, patting the space near me.

She hesitantly sits next to me all prim and proper, with her back straight and feet together. I mentally roll my eyes at her hesitancy and lean back on the couch, pulling my partially wet hair into a messy top bun using a hair tie on my wrist.

"You have obviously heard of the Silverette pack's downfall overnight, I suppose?" I ask her. Nodding her head, "Yeah, I've heard of it. The Luna of the pack killed the Alpha and let in rogues. A witch. What an ass of a woman!" she spat.

I growl at her statement and she shrinks into the couch further.

"Their Luna didn't kill the Alpha. She was blinded by the dark magic infested upon her by her relatives. She thought what she was doing was for the good of the pack. Little did she know of the consequences? And she never let rogues in. It was not a rogue attack. She had kept her birth family updated but she was unaware herself was kept in the dark. Her birth family was part of a coven which was in alliance with the Rapscallion pack. As the information passed on, the Rapscallion pack invaded on the right day."

"Even rogues were scared to enter the territories of the Silverette pack all because of their dynasty. But the nasty wolves of the Rapscallion pack... Ugh!"

Letting out a deep breath I continue, "Well, their Luna turned good on the attack night to find her husband dead. Awakening to her senses, she helped her two children escape but she couldn't protect herself."

I look away from her as my eyes burn thinking about the red masked stranger stabbing my mom from the back.

"Well I am their daughter. The Alpha's and Luna's. One of the children she helped to escape. The lost maiden warrior as you would call it." Sensing my grief, she places her hand upon my forearm as a comforting gesture.

"My twin brother Aaron and I have lived as rogues ever since. After we had escaped, we met Elder Norwell of our pack and his granddaughter. He had been away for a professional trip regarding our pack. His son had had a dormant wolf since childhood and a human mate. Therefore he was granted permission by our dad to reside in the human world, which he had been happily obliged."

"But his daughter, that Elder Norwell's granddaughter was a werewolf. However the Elder passed away a few months later due to the grief of the loss of his own mate. We were taken into care by his son and daughter-in-law, the Norwells. And that was how their daughter, Tessa Norwell became our best friend."

"I never experienced a pack life after it. Pack members couldn't identify me either for I bore no scent. My life was fulfilling until I made some rash decisions."

I stayed silent as Adele processed the information, her feet tapping on the carpet. Suddenly her forehead scrunched in confusion and her eyes turned alert.

"They were talking about you..." She mumbles.

What is she talking about?

**********

Hi guys,

Hope y'all like it..

Vote and Comment if you liked it...
Love y'all...... Mwah......
-Vishael :-*