Chapter 19 | Just Wait and Watch

"Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires."
-William Shakespeare, Macbeth

************

********

The formal short rap on the door startles me. "It has been done, Alpha. The package has been sent," a guard reports curtly bowing down.

I dismiss him with a wave. If our plan all goes well, the Royal pack, would face bloodshed tomorrow. It has to.... I need to get her....Blythe Reyna freaking Archer. She has to be here. It had been my motive for all these years. And when I finally do, she has found her mate! Well now it's just easier...

To kill two birds with one stone.

Her and that bastard. Maverick Devraux.

My family is ruined because of him. He killed my father. The only family I had.
He had to pay for it. And I'll make sure of it.
Or rather we'll make sure of it. Rhys needs this as much as I do.

But being the most powerful werewolf on earth, right now she needed to be alive.
She needs to be here. She needs to be mine.

Fucking mine.

I don't care who's who's mate. I want her. I'll get her. Rhys could definitely
manage that.

The best should be with the best. She should be with me.

Her idiot of a mate, thought that if he kills my father, I'll shut my mouth and go
my way. Son of a- . A proud smirk crawls its way to my mouth. No way, I'll forget it. Now he thinks that I'm a perfect angel now. Poor guy!
Never will I give up.

Doesn't know that we have my own sources. Our very own faithful sources in the freaking Royal pack.

Just wait and watch, Devraux. We'll show you how the game is played.

Keep watching, while I get your mate, bring down your pack, strip off your royalty, and tear to shreds each of your family members, inch by inch.

Keep watching, while your sweet mate, gets down with me and bears my child. Keep watching, as I kill her after my work gets done.
Keep watching, as we rule together. Rhys and I.

And you know what, at the end, I'll kill you, torturing you to death. Trust me, you'll be no more when you realize you shouldn't have messed with me.

Rhys is the best partner one could ever get. His plans are the best. All of our plans were his, I just help in execution.

"Alpha, your dinner has been set and your mother has graced your dinner with her presence," another guard states. How dare he? My fist connects with his jaw, and he falls down with a bleeding jaw.

"Up!" I thunder. He scrambles to his feet messily, with his head cast down.

"Remember one thing," I pause checking his name tag. "Walter, here I am of prominence. I grace occasions or dinners. Others do not. Not even my mother. Is that clear?" My question rings clearly piercing the room's silence.

He nods nervously. "What's gotten into your mouth?" I raise my eyebrows, annoyed.
"Yes. Ye- yes, Si- sir," he stutters, taking a deep gulp.

"Better. You're dismissed," I reply with a smile.

Checking the time, I decide to call Rhys after dinner and down my glass of
bourbon, as a toast to our future victory.

*********

Hey ppl!

Veryyyy short chapter, I know. Hold on for the next one coming right up. Love y'all ❤️

-Vishael 😚😚