14

He ordered his maid to make us breakfast every morning. Along with preparing an easy lunch and dinner that he could warm-up easy, so we just stay in bed all day long. It isn't too bad, we watch movies and play card games. These things we never used to do together which makes us feel young again. Don't get my wrong, I was mad that I couldn't get up. I was mad at him for not resting but, I had two choices. I could be mad and upset or "enjoy" the mess I was in.  I was starting to get closer to him, which scared the hell out of me. Though, it came to a stop once he got a call three days ago about some huge project and he disappered. I became a nobody, a stranger in his home. I have been allowed to get up and move which has been good because I was getting bored. Johnny comes home at the end of the week which meant I could finally go home. I booked my flight and have been so excited to go home. I need to work and be able to see my baby all day, everyday. Chills feel me and I look around the guest room and sigh.

The door opens and in walks Nick. I look at him and glance back to my phone

"I want to have dinner tonight"

I look back up at him with a questioned look "This is the first time in days since you've talked to me and you want to have dinner with me?"

He chuckles as he takes off his tie "I have to work"

"I know"

"I closed on this project and I want to celerbrate with dinner"

I close my screen and shut my phone off. I take off my blanket and slowly stand up. 

"Alright"I softly smile before entering the bathroom

******

I walk out of the house as Nick opens the door to his vehicle.  My knee length white sparkle dress hugs my body close, as I wear flats. I couldn't even think of wearing heels. I glance at him as I slide in. 

"Thank you"

"Of course"He smiles

He closes the door as I buckle up. He gets in, buckles and we take off. As we drive I don't say a word, though I know I should say something...but, what?

"How was Charlie?"He asks

Thank goodness "She is great, she wants me home badly"I chuckle

He doesn't say anything "I-I was thinking, maybe when I get home, you could see Charlie? She asked to see you" I look at him

He smiles big and nods "I can schedule her in"

That sentence didn't set well "I don't want you to schedule her in Nick"

He glances over at me "I didn't mean it like that-"

"No, it is. She isn't some deal or business person, she is your daughter"

He tenses up and apologizes "I will make sure I see her. I'll fly back with you"

I want to tell him, that it shouldn't happen but, I don't want to fight. 

*******

"Omgosh, remember when Travis got drunk"I laugh

"And he cried because he wanted to be the one to have the baby"Nick busts up laughing

I laugh so much tears form and the waiter looks at us oddly. 

We arrived about an hour ago and the air was thick between us. I told him I wanted to start our night over and we did. I think it was the best idea we had. We have a private room and have been just enjoying what we can. I have laughed so much tonight, my stomach is going to hurt tomorrow. And I love that...honestly