15

I open my eyes only to close them again. I was wrapped around Nick...I peek at him. He looks so peaceful. I take my leg off of his and pull my arm off his torso. My head still rests on his chest which I love. I close my eyes and listen to his heartbeat. This always brought me peace in the morning. I place my hand on his chest and smile. I feel like I will regret this soon but, I'm so comfortable.  I feel him move a little bit and soon his lips are on my forehead with a soft kiss. I look up at him and smile

"Good morning"

"Good morning  to you too" He smirks

I chuckle hiding under my hair

"What?"He questions removing my hair 

"Isn't this all"I pause "silly?" 

"Why would it be? You are still legally  my wife"

I roll my eyes and pull away from him. I slip on my silk robe, tying it close, and cross my arms looking at him.

"You look beautiful" He whispers

Posing, putting one hand on my head and the other on hip "I try" I wink before climbing back in

Before I sit my ass down, he pulls me onto him 

"Nick!" I laugh as he nibbles my neck

"You taste really good"He groans

I try to pull myself away from him but, he doesn't let go "I need to pee"I lie

"Pee never hurt anyone, "He says not letting me go "So go on..pee" 

"I'm not peeing on you!"I state kinda grossed out "Lemme goooo dork"

"Can't help it, when I'm around you, I'm a hormonal teenager"

I raise my eyebrow questioning his words before he leans in, capturing my lips. Fully drowning me with his wet spicy kisses

********

I sit in the kitchen, waiting for the cakes to get done. Nick had to run into work, finally, so I was left alone in the house. I cleaned our messes up, did some movement for my injuries, and decided to work on some new recipes for the bakery. So far I made Strawberry Espresso cake, Jalapeño Coco cake, and Lemon Elderberry cake. The Blackberry Vodka is in the oven. All the cakes have tasted amazing and I've sent the instructions to the guys to have them try it out. I made sample cakes for me to try and main cakes to give out. I have tasted the sample cakes and I'm in love. I think I might hop into Nick's work and drop the cakes off for the staff. I need to get some air and I want to see what he is up to. As I drink my coffee, resting my legs,  looking outside, I realize how at peace I am starting to feel. The moment we have recently shared has helped us grow. I almost feel how we were before everything bad happened. I am leaving soon and it scares me. I don't want anything with Nick, I mean if we tired it could ruin things if it doesn't work out. I can't mess that up with Char. I have to put my baby first. Since my stay here, Char and Nick talk and facetime all the time. She is so excited and often times just wants to see him over me. My heart hurt at first but, it's important for her to love him. She already started school and my hurt broke when I could only make it to drop her off but, had to fly back. I face-timed her after school but, she wanted me in person. So many things I am missing in her life. I called Milly this morning, she is flying back today and I am so excited. I need a good face to look at. Johnny was supposed to back days ago and finally is coming back. I guess since I am here he decides to finish what he was doing. He will be back soon to make sure Nick recovers the rest of the way. I need to go home soon, I wasn't supposed to be here this long. 

Thinking of Char makes me want her now. Tapping my fingers on the table..I make the craziest decision I could think of

*******

I carry all the cakes into the tall, glass building in front of me. I walk inside and everyone in the lobby stops. All looking at me with wondering eyes. Some even whisper in the corner, pointing. I take a deep breath and keep walking straight towards the personal elevator. A habit I suppose, I punch in the personal code and it opens. My heart pinches as it remains the same code, our wedding date. 

As the elevator goes up, my hands sweat. The elevator music plays and I get excited yet scared. What if he doesn't want me here? What ifs run through my mind as soon as the doors open I step out. I walk down the hallway and meet the front desk of the floor. After signing in, I head for the kitchen. Once I turn in, everyone stops and looks at me. I smile softly and place the cakes on the table. 

"I uh baked these for you all" I smile "I've cut it all up. I just need to grab one of each real quick"

Quietly getting it ready, I place the slices on one plate for Nick "There's, uh, Strawberry Espresso cake, Jalapeño Coco cake,  Lemon Elderberry cake and that one is Blackberry Vodka"

I turn to leave and I hear chairs move. I peek over my shoulder and see them heading for the vodka cake. I walk to the office that belongs to Nick. I knock softly and hear him clear his throat telling me to come in. I hold onto the plate tighter as I open it. He types on his computer as I walk inside.

"Hey"I smile walking in

His head shoots up and looks at me. He smiles so big before getting up

"What a surprise"He smirks

"I made some new cake recipes, I brought some in. I gave some to the staff but, made sure to get you slices of each one"I explain

He looks at the plate and moans "Looks amazing, too bad its not good looking as you"

I roll my eyes placing it on a nearby table. I turn to face time and he looks me up and down with dark eyes. 

"What?"

"Never thought I'd see you in my office, my fan-"

"Stop right there mister"I chuckle moving away 

I sit down in the chair by the table "Try the cake"

"Here is  Lemon Elderberry, Strawberry Espresso, Jalapeño Coco and Blackberry Vodka"

He smirks taking a bite of each one "You outdid yourself"

I clap my hands and smile "Good, so I have something to tell you" 

He questions my swallowing another bite 

Xx