Chapter || 10

COURT PREMISES

"According to these reports Mrs. Luthra was pregnant before she died" Daksh passed on pregnancy reports to officials shocking Annika and Shivaay. Not in his dreams Shivaay imagined to be standing in this state.

"And foetus was of course, Mr. Oberoi's. As Mr and Mrs. Luthra were divorced before five months and Mr. Oberoi came into Mrs. Luthra's life three months ago" Daksh had this victory smile.

"Annika" Shivaay whispered looking at a freeze figure sitting. He couldn't imagine whatever Daksh was confessing. He was not baby's father. No, it's impossible.

Annika couldn't believe her ears? What the hell was happening? Where was this coming from? Shanaya was pregnant. Did Shivaay... she trailed looking at Shivaay. Annika was sure about everything till now but this one statement made her trust shake a bit.

First time Shivaay could see some emotions on her face. From the day of hearing started only today he could identify some emotions after hearing Shanaya was pregnant with his kid. How horrible!

Everything was blur for Annika after the accusations Daksh placed, nothing went inside her mind. Neither those looks of 'believe me' from Shivaay, which were daggers on her nor Daksh's accusations.

Something was blocking her mind; her thought process was at pause. Hearing was going on, neither she was able to speak something to retaliate nor Shivaay could hear or see anything except Annika. Her face was haunting him those emotionless eyes, colour drained face. He was not able depict the look on her face. Was she doubting him or did she accept it was his kid?

" So, this child is the main reason for Mr. Oberoi to kill Mrs. Shanaya Luthra. Your honour, I request you to accept Mr. Oberoi as guilty and pronounce his sentence." Daksh smirking at Shivaay who was lost in Annika's face.

Currently he didn't care about Daksh, his punishment or accusations. Only thing his brain, heart and eyes could sense was Annika. His wife!

" Does the defence have anything to say?" Magistrate questioned at Annika who was still lost in Shivaay's hazel blue eyes. Not a word went into her brain, everything was blank in her body.

" Does the Defence Attorney have anything to say?"

" Nothing, your honour" her assistant replied knowing her boss is not in the state of answering any of the questions now.

" According to Mr. Khurana the guilty is found to be Mr. Oberoi but the evidence is not very sufficient to conclude that Mr. Oberoi is guilty by court. For now, I post another hearing on tenth of next month for the defence lawyer and Mr. Khurana to present the final evidence to convict Mr. Oberoi. Until then Mr. Oberoi is pronounced to be in remand till the next hearing. The court is adjourned " the magistrate spelled his decision and moved out.

Annika was still in daze looking at him. First time she didn't know what to do? Everything was confusing. As a whole it was a sudden experience to get confused on her own thoughts. Nothing was clear, can Shivaay do this? Shivaay, her husband? Can he do this? The man who couldn't cheat her even after not having a happy married life?

Now Shivaay's restless was on its peak. Annika wasn't talking anything and her look on him was enough for his heart to run a race. Did she believe that Moron? No, no! Annika cannot believe. He kept looking at Annika till police men took him out towards their vehicle.

May be, that was it. Now Annika had no hopes or trust in him. Shivaay was happy at least she stood with him till now, if not further, she trusted him at beginning. Any girl in her place would never believe him. Especially after whatever shit he did during their marriage days. He just stood blankly waiting for the vehicle to reach.