| 22 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Layla grows more and more exasperated with the two fools she's forced to go on a quest with

LAYLA forced both Freyja and Luke to sit around the Hermes table in the dining pavilion, the piece of paper with the prophecy resting in front of them.

"I don't get why we..."

"Don't finish that sentence, Luke Castellan," Layla pointed a finger at him. "We're going through this and we're going to try our best to prepare."

Reluctantly, the couple nodded, before Freyja pulled the paper towards her. Unlike most demigods, she didn't have dyslexia due to her godly genetics, so she was normally tasked with reading and writing.

"Okay, so two thieves and one liar." Freyja hadn't seen the prophecy before and her heart stuttered. The meaning wasn't hidden, and it couldn't truly be any plainer. Layla and Luke were the thieves, as their dad was Hermes, and she was the liar.

"You're the liar?" Layla snorted, shaking her head. "What did you lie about? How much sleep you had?"

"Something like that." Freyja laughed nervously, panic in her eyes as she thought back to her own prophecy that sat, tucked inside the pack on her leg.

"Will take a path to a funeral pyre." They trio shared blank looks with one and other before Freyja continued to speak. "Maybe someone died there?"

"That's morbid." Luke commented, before taking the paper from Freyja and reading the next line with a little difficulty. "Two will triumph, the other fall. So we should complete the quest, but someone might fall off of something?"

"Completed once before, that narrows down the quests ever so slightly." Layla replied as they all read the last line silently. "Dragon?"

"Dragon, quest with a dragon." Freyja muttered, before shrugging her shoulders. She was still too focused on her own prophecy and the liar part.

"Got it," Luke scrabbled to the other side of the table, where a stack of books to help them lay. He flicked through them, before finding Freyja's Christmas gift to him when he first arrived. "Herakles."

"What?"

"Herakles. You know, his eleventh task." Luke slid the book over to the two women, pointing at the eleventh task. "He had to get the golden apples from the Garden of Hesperides, which was guarded by a dragon!"

"You genius!" Layla cried, looking over the book as Freyja tilted her head. She remembered that garden vaguely. Her mother had talked about it once, but Freyja couldn't remember why.

"Go tell Chiron. He'll know the modern location and we can set off." Freyja turned to her boyfriend, who nodded and hopped off the table, before storming up to the Big House.