江宗族的心神

Inside the mind of Sect Leader Jiang

On the other side of Carp Tower not far from the room that the father and daughter duo resides, Sect Leader Jiang is standing on the bridge where the deceased Young Master Jin, Jin Zixuan made a lotus pond for his also deceased sister, Jiang Yanli. He was just sending their son whose his nephew, Jin Ling to sleep as well. He is indeed pressured with all the work as a Sect Leader while taking care of his nephew. Adding the fact that he had lost everyone beside him, the only one he has now is Jin Ling and he's not letting the Jin Clan take him away as well. At least not this early.

Deep down in his heart, Jiang Cheng is actually very lonely. Sometimes he wondered, if he had stood up for Wei Wuxian, if he had believed him for a bit, things wouldn't be this bad right now. But, those thoughts are shadowed by his ego and hatred. He didn't want regret to consume him so he just put the blame on Wei Wuxian and keep hating on him as a defense mechanism.

Soon after, his mind started to drift off to Sect Leader Lan. 'His daughter seems to be just like him, even though she's adopted. Indeed, you grow up to learn from your parents.' Thought Jiang Cheng. Ever since the study sessions in Cloud Recesses, Lan Xichen has always made him feel weird things. At first he thought it was admiration because he was also a young sect leader but as he thought about it more it seems to be more than just a mere idolization. At weird times, Lan Xichen that's flashing his beautiful smile would cross Jiang Cheng's mind. And when that happens, Jiang Cheng would start to nag at himself.

"Stop it Cheng! He's just a person, nothing special. What you should think about is the Sect affairs that is waiting to be taken care of, Ah-Ling and the Yunmeng Jiang Clan. You idiot, get him off your mind." He muttered to himself as his fist both clench to a point where veins are starting to pop. "That's enough. I need to get some sleep." Jiang Cheng said to himself again before making his way to his room.

Jiang Cheng first took off his bun and then his braid. Then he change to his sleeping robe. Sandu layed on the sword holder next to his bed while Jiang Cheng layed on the provided bed. Faint sound of Xichen's singing could be heard and it made Jiang Cheng feel oddly calm. So, he listened to the beautiful voice and drift off to dreamland.

In his dream, he was laying down in a plain field of lavender coloured grasses. Wind blows around him and the sound of the grass rustling from it filled his ear. It was calming but it made him feel empty. Soon, a voice starts to sound and he sat up to look around. The voice got closer and closer but he couldn't see anyone around. As the voice closed in to his ear, he felt a warm body hug his. The warm feeling was something he seemed to had yearned for all these years. He opened his eyes only to see a light blue robe, dark raven hair with white headband ends standing out from the dark strands of hair.

Jiang Cheng woke up with tears, staining his cheek. 'What was that?' he thought. Jiang Cheng look toward the window to see a little sunlight, showing that it's probably morning already. He woke up, bathe and went to check up on Jin Ling afterwards. "Ah-Ling, the meeting is starting after breakfast. Please behave yourself while neither me or your Uncle Jin is around. Don't go around and embarrass yourself." Jiang Cheng advised in his harsh tone as always. Jin Ling just huffed with his head down before muttering "Of course."

Before breakfast finishes, Madam Jin said "Since you Sect Leaders are going to be busy, why not let Jin Ling and Mingxia to hangout? Let Jin Ling take her on a tour around Carp Tower. What do you say Sect Leader Lan?" Xichen turn to Mingxia and Mingxia smiled as she nods. "If it doesn't trouble Young Master Jin of course." Mingxia said. "Jin Ling wouldn't be troubled, right?" Guangshan then answered glancing down at Jin Ling with a smug smile. Jin Ling could only nod "Sure, why not." He muttered again, avoiding his Uncle Jiang's murderous glare. "Then that's set! After breakfast, Jin Ling would take Mingxia around for a tour. Guards, please do your job." Madam Jin said and ordered.

When heading towards the meeting room, Jiang Cheng scowled lightly. 'Of course they would do that.' He was too deep in his thought that he accidentally bumped into a surface. He look up to see Xichen with a worried look. "Sect Leader Jiang, are you okay?" Jiang Cheng looked away, feeling his face heat up a bit. "Y-yeah. I apologize Sect Leader Lan." He stuttered. Xichen then smiled. 'Oh my god that smile.' Jiang Cheng's mind said. "L-let's hurry to the meeting." Jiang quickly said before speed walked away. Xichen could only chuckle "Cute."