新朋友

New Friend

Jin Ling and Mingxia heads off to the big garden where a pavilion sits in the middle. It seems like it could be a park rather than just a garden. "This is the Large Peonies Garden. The largest garden ever recorded in the whole world." Jin Ling explained as they walk into the garden, towards the pavilion. Right now, Jin Ling doesn't always look towards the ground with his eyebrows furrowed. Right now, he has his head held up high and his tone turned proud rather than his usual mutters. Mingxia noticed this and she urged to question him about it. Who is that purple dressed guy to Jin Ling that he had no guts to look him in the eyes.

Mingxia shook the thought off because she said to herself that it'd be rude to ask about personal questions. After doing so, she started to look around the garden. She noticed the golden colored peonies decorated the barks of its trees and the floor, some are stuck on the pavilion's roof and made it look prettier than just plain gold. A light "Wow." escaped her mouth. "Glad that you are amused." Jin Ling remarked sarcastically before walking into the pavilion.

"This pavilion is called Golden Flower Pavilion. Grandpa usually drink tea and play chess here with visitors." When taking a closer look, all the detailed carvings could be seen clearer. Everything was made from the finest into the finest. "We need to hurry because the whole Carp Tower is big and it would take time to walk back to the dining hall if we were at further back part of the place." Jin Ling hurried and Mingxia caught up.

The whole day was spent on hearing Jin Ling explaining about the Jin Clan assets proudly with his head held up high and Mingxia awe-ing for all the magnificent places around Carp Tower. That aside, the question is still bugging Mingxia. So, when they finally came back to the front of Glamour Hall, Mingxia decided to ask, "Why are you scared of Sect Leader Jiang?" Jin Ling froze for a nice second before clearing his throat,  "I'm not scared of him. I'm just not..." Jin Ling haven't got enough time to think of a good excused. "I-i just don't want to be scolded by him again." Jin Ling's voice turned into some sort of whisper when saying. Mingxia then lightly chuckled "Isn't that being scared?" Jin Ling turned red in embarrassment  then he shot glare towards Mingxia "You are 5, how much would you know?" Jin Ling said with clenched teeth.  "Apologies, Young Master Jin if the question offended you." Mingxia apologized but earned a light scoff from the Young Master. 

This made Mingxia feel guilty. She reached into her little sachet and took out a bar of chocolate. She opened the wrapper, broke a piece and gave it to the Young Master "Try this." Jin Ling hesitated for a bit but took it in the end. He took a little bite out of the piece and the bitter sweet taste hits his taste bud sending him into a whole new world. 'How could something taste like this? It's oddly good.' Jin Ling thought and took another bite before asking "What's this?" "Young Master Jin, It's called chocolate. It's sold well in Gusu." Mingxia answered. 

While Jin Ling and Mingxia sat on the bench outside enjoying the sweet, the meeting has ended and everyone was invited to have evening tea at the Glamour Hall. Lan Xichen, Jiang Cheng and Jin Guangyao went straight to Glamour Hall in hopes of finding the kids accompanied by the Nie Clan siblings, Nie Mingjue and Nie Huaisang. Their prayers are answered when they saw both Jin Ling and Lan Mingxia sitting outside of their destination. The kids sighted the group of olders and stood up. When the group is in front of them, they bowed and greeted them each respectively. 

Jiang Cheng could be seen sending glares towards Jin Ling and Jin Ling with his head down s per usual. Xichen on the other hand spare a quick glance at Jiang Cheng before turning to Mingxia. "Ah-Chun, this is Sect Leader Nie, you can call him Dashu (大叔). He is my sworn brother along with your xiaoshu, A-Yao. Beside him is his younger brother, Nie Huaisang." "You can call me Sang shushu (Uncle Sang)." Huaisang cuts in after, followed by his awkward laugh after his brother sent him a glare. Xichen and Guangyao could only chuckle. "So, Mingxia. How was today?" asked Guangyao. "I had fun. Young Master Jin did a great job on giving me a tour." Mingxia said with a wide smile plastered on her face. 

"You didn't trouble Miss Mingxia didn't you?" Jiang Cheng asked this time. "I-I don't think so." Jin Ling stuttered as he mumbles. Just as Jiang Cheng was about to say something, Mingxia added "Young Master Jin was a fun company. I hope i wasn't a nuisance because he was the one doing all the work while all I did was enjoying myself." she complimented. "I had fun too." Jin Ling said, raising his voice a little tilting his head up and away from facing the ground. 

"As long as you two had fun." Guangyao said before the arrival of Jin Guangshan interrupted their little conversation. "What are you all doing, standing outside? Let's get in and start the little tea party." Guangshan laughed before making his way into the Glamour Hall while everyone else follows behind.