Chapter 30

After promising to return home safe, Althea's team departed. It took them hours until they finally arrived at the Blue Blood pack. The pack did not look the same. What once had a field filled with children's laughter was empty and silent. Parents scared that their children would be taken away, forced their kids to stay inside.

The security extra tight. The guards scattered every half a mile on top of patrollers and warriors every mile surrounding the whole territory. Matt arrived at the meeting point to get Althea's pack as their pack was permitted to kill anyone that tried to enter the territory.

Matt was extremely happy to see Althea as that meant that his somehow lifeless Alpha might have some joy in life with his Luna by his side. Aries had been stern, rough and angry all the time after Althea left his side.

"Matt. Thank you so much for keeping them safe. I will never forget what you have done. Thank you." Althea said to Matt as soon as she saw him.

"Luna it is our duty to protect everyone that you cherish. You are more than welcome to ask for our help anytime." Matt gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry Matt. But I am not your Luna. I never was one. I wasn't born to be one, I guess." she returned his smile but it was a sad one.

"But you can call me Althea." she said quickly.

Matt just nodded. "Let me show you to Seth and all. They are all fine but it's just that Warren is still unconscious." Matt said as he led the way to the doctor's quarter.

Upon arrival, the first thing they saw was Seth and Jack sitting on a chair next to the bed where Warren laid, motionless.

"Seth. Jack" Althea called.

The brothers quickly turn their heads around to see their Alpha by the door. The little hope in them blooms.

"Alpha" They run to her.

"Alpha, please save our brother. Alpha please." They cry to her. Both on the floor on their knees, begging Althea.

"Ash. Ron. Help them up please." Althea called out.

"Can you take them to another room to rest please?" She asked them.

"Matt could you please take the rest of my packs to rest somewhere for a bit please?" To which Matt nodded and took them away, making the room less crowded.

Then she was only left with Alex. She turned to face him, "Alex, I want you to stay on the door and stand guard. And unless I tell you to do not let anyone in. Do you understand?" Althea asked.

"Yes Althea. I shall not let anyone in." Alex says.

"Thank you, Alex," Althea says before closing the door.

She walks towards the bed where Warren laid. She took a seat on one end of the bed, making sure not to disturb him. She looked at him and it pained her to see him like this. Althea thought that she is the one that got them like this. If only she had asked them to return home that evening. None of this would have happened.

"I'm sorry Warren. I'll make sure to take all your pain away. You will be fine." A single drop of tear rolled down her cheek.

She stood up and went to place her hand on his forehead. She closed her eyes and she focused her energy on healing Warren. She started channelling her energy into her palm which started to glow softly as it transferred to him. His body quickening its recovery. She could feel herself getting a little weak. As Warren's situation was a lot worse, it was taking most of her energy to heal him.

Althea started to lose her balance and was wobbly on her feet but she still continued. She blamed everything on herself. She was determined to make everything right.

She knew that healing a wound this serious was going to take a toll on her. Last time she healed Lydia, she was unconscious for three days and hers was not even as worse as his. But she had to do right so she stayed on her two feet and used all that was in her to help him.

"Althea, Ash and Ron are back-" Alex opened the door just as Althea lost all her energy and fell to the floor. Alex sprinted in time to catch Althea just before her head hit the ground.