Chapter 18

I wander aimlessly around the house, remembering Sans.. And the thing. I think of what he's probably doing right now and wonder; Do skeletons fap? I retreat into my hoodie, effectively hiding my blush. I mentally reprimand myself for thinking such a thing. I teleport to the couch, sinking into the cushions. They're still warm. I glance at Sans' door. I don't want to teleport into my room; I might be able to hear him doing.. Whatever it is that he's doing. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Out of reflex, I light up my hand and eye, jumping onto the floor.

"HELLO, HUMAN. DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY BROTHER SANS IS? I WISH FOR HIM TO TASTE TEST MY NEWEST SPAGHETTI RECIPE." Once I see Papyrus' face, I extinguish myself swiftly. Luckily, he doesn't seem to notice.

"Uh.. Your brother is.. Brushing his teeth. And cleaning his room. He needs concentration, so you shouldn't bother him." I rattle, trying to lie convincingly.

"WELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME!" Papyrus huffs. He turns to me, excitement evident on his skeletal face. "IN THAT CASE, YOU MAY BE MY TEMPORARY TASTE TESTER. FOLLOW ME INTO THE KITCHEN." Well, this is happening. I teleport into the kitchen, leaning against a wall. Papyrus comes in, surprisingly unfazed at my quick movement.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask, my tone what I hope to be cheerful. Papyrus runs up the stairs. I wait patiently. After around two minutes, he races back.

"I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU. GUESS WHERE IT IS!" He giggles. His outfit has noticeably changed. He's wearing an apron with 'Cool Dude' written on it. It looks like it used to say 'Cool Cook', but someone changed it. He's wearing sneakers and a suspiciously elevated baseball cap.

"Um.." I pretend to think. "Maybe in your shoe?" I ask, pretending to be interested.

"NOPE! THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL IN MY SHOE! KEEP LOOKING!" I'm not sure where else I could pretend to look without seeming like an idiot. I scan his body quickly, feeling slightly awkward. I sigh, not wanting to hurt his feeling by guessing it too quickly.

"Um.. I dunno. Maybe the hat?" I pretend to guess. A wave of guilt washes over me as I look at Papyrus' slightly dejected expression.

"YOU ARE CORRECT! YOUR INTELLECT IS MUCH HIGHER THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT." Wow. I'm slightly offended. I smile humbly. "NOW, LIFT THE HAT!" Papyrus asked, giddy with excitement. I oblige.

"Thanks, Papyrus! I appreciate it." I say, thankfully. I pull out a plate of spaghetti. It looks slightly burnt.

"UNDYNE ASSISTED ME, SO APOLOGIES IF IT'S NOT UP TO MY NORMAL STANDARDS." Papyrus says. "TRY IT!" I take a small forkful. Other than the occasional burnt noodle, the taste is much better than normal. I smile, giving him a thumbs up.

"It's really good!" Papyrus' face lights up. I choose not to tell him that it's better than usual.

"WONDERFUL! UNDYNE WILL BE HAPPY TO HEAR THAT, WITH THE HELP OF THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHE HAS MADE SOMETHING SATISFACTORY! COME! WE MUST GO SEE HER!" His voice is filled with excitement. I force a smile onto my face.

"Sure. Can you give me a map?" I ask.

"CERTAINLY. TELEPORTATION IS SURELY A BETTER METHOD OF TRANSPORTATION." He runs upstairs, taking around 30 seconds to come back. I see Sans' doorknob twitch. The blue door moves slightly, as if he's leaning against it. Papyrus hands me the map.

"Nice. Grab on." I gesture to my arm. Papyrus grips it. His hand are significantly softer than Sans'. I teleport to the marked location on the map.

When we land, I look around. The house is purple, with teeth and a fish tail. It kind of resembles a pirahna. There's indigo moss growing off of it's side, dotting the walls. Papyrus struts up to the home, ringing the doorbell.