Prologue: The Blood Supermoon

"It's happening," He murmured, "The Blood Supermoon finally appeared."

"Yes, my Lord," a man next to him replied, "Tonight, the two babies born will change the world."

Nodding, he continue to stare straight into the galaxy, admiring the red moon in front of him. A once in a lifetime occurrence. Tonight, Earth and Heaven become as one for 7 minutes as the two babes are being born.

Truly, a new age has begun.

***
"Ahhhh," Imperial Concubine Shuhua's screams intensify. It hurts. Having a human grow inside of you for 9 months then pushing it out. Childbirth for women is like stepping into Hell's door.

"Push my lady" the maid yell, frantically soaking in the blood that was loss.
"My lady, you need to hurry up, you lost too much blood, a-at this r-rate..." Another stammer.
"Shut up," the first maid glare as the other begin to work again.

Outside, the Emperor Fengzhi pace around Moonlight Pavilion frantically. He had heard the screams and was nervous. He knew Imperial Concubine Hua'er health wasn't excellent, unable to imagine the worst scenario, he gulped down the tea in his cup along with the pot. It was scorching hot but it numbed his tongue and his brain for a while.

"Your Majesty," a maid opened the door and keeled.

"Stand," He demanded, "Is the baby born?"

The maid continue keeling and with a small voice she asked, "Her lady is losing large amount of blood. Should it come to the situation, s-should we save the child o-or her lady." Her mouth trembled in fear.

"What??" Emperor Fengzhi yelled? "Both, I don't care what you need but I want my child and his mother to be alive."

"Y-yes," the maid bowed and quickly rushed inside

"If something happens, all of you are to die with her." He yelled rushing to the door separating him from his concubine, "Hua'er," he cried out, "Hua'er, stay strong okay. I know you can do it, do it for our child, it can't have no mother. I beg you Hua'er, stay with me, I already planned to promote you to Imperial Consort. Just stay with me." The Emperor collapsed.

Three of his concubines died by childbirth. He was not mentally ready to lose another concubine, especially Hua'er.

"Congratulations Your Majesty," the maid ran out and bowed, "A healthy Prince has been born. Imperial Concubine Shu is fine just a little weak from all the blood loss." She handed the baby to him.

As he looked at the 3rd Prince, his face could not stop smiling. The baby was big, strong, and his big round eyes stared directly at him. Emperor Fengzhi open the door and sat next to Imperial Concubine Shu and held the baby to her.

"Look," He said smiling, "Look at how healthy and handsome our son is. He shall be named Tang Yongqi."

"Yongqi," Shuhua held her son in her arms, Yongqi is a wordplay for bravery. She smiled but deeply inside her heart, she wished it was a girl. Then it would grow up without any trouble. Then it would live past 20. Then it wouldn't have to fight the throne with the two brothers till death.

"I will protect you" she murmured, "I will make sure you grow up healthy, strong, and happy.

With that, she slowly fell asleep holding the baby next to her. Emperor Fengzhi smiled at the scene and called Eunch Xia.

"Repeat what I say," Emperor Fengzhi ordered, "I, Emperor Fengzhi, of the Tang Dynasty, promote Imperial Concubine Shu to Imperial Consort for the merit of childbirth. Yongqi shall be the 3rd Prince and given the noble title of Prince Qi of 1 pearl."