CHAPTER SEVEN

Sitting on the cold, wet grass, Cassandra did nothing

Sitting on the cold, wet grass, Cassandra did nothing. It wasn't that she had anything to do really, they were still waiting for the others and she was bored out of her mind! She watched as her Esme and Carlisle talked and hugged each other, Emmett and Rosalie bickering but still kissing one another and Jasper and Alice sitting next to each other talking while his arm was around her shoulders.

The sound of the engine of a car was heard and she looked away from the ground to see her brother and Bella coming towards them. Bella smiled sadly at them which caused Rosalie to scoff. Please don't say anything, she thought, now isn't the time to bicker.

She understood why Rose didn't like Bella – well, why she envied Bella. Her adoptive sister had been mean to her too when she had found out that Cassandra liked being a vampire but after telling her, her life story and how bad it was and why she loved her new family, Rosalie had finally understood that not everyone had the perfect human life.

But Bella was different; her life was great but she was in love and leaving Edward brought her too much pain. That's why Cassandra had voted yes on her becoming a vampire. She wasn't going to split her brother and his mate from each other because they were different species – and they could easily become the same.

Edward made his way towards her and lifted her from the wet grass. He brought her in a warm hug and whispered in her ear, "Thank you, Cassandra. For everything,: He had clearly heard her thoughts.

She quickly brought her arms around him and kissed his cheeks. Love you and of course, everything for my family, she winked at him.

He laughed before moving to his girlfriend's side. Everyone's actions were stopped when the sound of paws hitting the ground filled the area. Sure, Bella couldn't hear them – and was confused as hell when they all stopped laughing and grew serious – but they could hear them.

The Quileute Pack wad larger than ever. Ten wolves appeared in the clearing, growing lowly. Ten different coloured wolves were there and one of them was her imprint.

She could feel some of their eyes on her until Jared's wolf growled and they all looked away. She raised a brow at him, a small smile evident on her lips. Jared rolled his big wolf eyes at her before looking at the black wolf in the middle. Sam Uley was the largest wolf of all, his red eyes scanning each and every one of them but they lingered on her and Bella. She felt the need to scoff but thankfully, didn't.

Sam nodded and then, Jared was walking towards her before he sat down right next to her. Cassandra had been a little away from her family, more towards the middle which was why – she guessed – Sam let him come over to her. She patted his head and he leaned into her touch.

Their actions didn't go unnoticed by the others.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human form" Edward read their thoughts and Jared nudged her as if saying 'yeah, okay.'

Edward's lips twitched.

"They came and that's what matters" Carlisle started, "Welcome. Jasper has experience with newborns and he'll teach us how to fight them". Some wolves turned to look at Jasper who was murmuring with Alice across them. Cassandra could tell that Jared had turned his attention to her adoptive brother so she did the same.

"They want to know how newborns differ from us" the Cullen boy voiced their thoughts and they all turned their attention to Carlisle who explained.

"Our kind is never more physically stronger than in the first months of their transition because human blood still runs through our veins,"

The leader of the coven nodded at his blonde son who took the lead from thereon. "Carlisle is right. That's why they are created" he taunted, shaking his head and hands, "A newborn army doesn't need a thousand like a human army and no human army can stand against them. Now the two most important things to know about fighting. One; never let them get their hands around you, they'll crush you instantly" she poked Jared as if to scare him to which her imprint grunted and rolled his eyes, "and two; never go for the obvious kill"

Jasper smirked at his Emmett, calling for him. The former was very quick to beat the latter as he let his anger control his actions. "Never lose focus".

Carlisle and Edward were next. Edward jumped over his adoptive father and turn around just in time to catch his hands. Edward read his thoughts and threw his father on the ground but he made the mistake to look at Jasper for his approval and Carlisle tackled him and won the match. "One more thing; never turn your back on your enemy"

Cassandra laughed when Jasper won almost all of his matches. He beat Rosalie pretty quickly but he lost against his mate – she could see the future so Cassandra didn't hold him against him. But luckily for him, Alice rewarded him with a kiss.

It wasn't until it was her turn that Cassandra noticed Jared growing tense. She patted his head and stroked his fur before moving forward to meet Jasper in the middle. Jared growled, snarling and trying to show her brother who is the boss or whatever but stayed where he was to which she was thankful.

Cassandra didn't smile or showed any sign of weakness as she stood in front of Jasper. None of them moved and she knew that he wouldn't make the first move so she did before he could even see it coming. She dashed towards him, which he quickly saw, but then, she turned and danced around him and stopped behind him just in time to push him forward.

Jasper almost fell to the ground but he caught himself and turned around just in time to catch her wrist. "Oh, it's on" he smirked.

The two vampires continued circling one another, Jasper being a lot quicker and swifter than her. And that's when she started using his lessons to her advantage. Never let them get their hands around – meaning, be swifter than them. Check. She used her dancing skills against him, her feet barely touching the ground as she danced and danced and danced.

Never go for the obvious kill. Now in this situation, anything complicated is obvious so she went for just a simple yet unexpected attack. She just threw herself at him, pinning his hands over his head but despite her best efforts, just before he hit the ground, Jasper pushed her off and they were again both standing straight and on the feet.

"Damn," Bella whispered as the fight ended.

Jared growled his agreement.