51. The Red-Yellow Romance

~I love my favourite colour flashing on your cheeks more than the clothes you wear~

"Morning, it's a good morning.
Morning, it's a good morning"

Manik grunted in his sleep as he rolled to hide his face in the pillow, stretching a hand to nudge Nandini, wanting her to snooze the damn alarm, but his hand met with an empty side instead.

"Morning, it's a good morning.
Morning, it's a good morning"

Meanwhile, the alarm continued to irritate him and he lazily called out for his wife, hoping she would be around, getting ready or something.

"Nandiniiii", he called out again, stretching her name, his voice thick with sleep just like his eyes that refused to open even with an alarm clock dancing on his head, but when nobody replied, Manik groaned and sat up, opening his eyes to located the alarm kept on Nandini's side table, and eventually he turned it off.

Rubbing his eyes, he opened them properly and took one look at the room to locate his favourite face in the world, but was utterly disappointed. He pouted to himself, instantly missing her presence around him, but stopped short when he saw his outfit for the morning kept on the couch beside, with a sticky note over it. He stretched his hand and with a bit much effort, somehow grabbed the note.

"Haldi day, yellow kurta.
Your face, my note,
And the best smile in the world.
How's the combo?"

Manik grinned reading the note, and at the same time, was hugely relieved. Though he kmew they had one big conversation pending with respect to last night, but he for sure didn't want to fight with her for the same. And her note conveyed her mirroring thoughts.

Playing along with her, he picked his phone, clicked a snap of him grinning wide, but his eyes downcast, still lying in bed though, but bare chest with his muscles on display and sent it to her, hoping to evoke a reaction out of her.

Waiting for her reply, he could not stop smiling

Waiting for her reply, he could not stop smiling. Nandini did have that effect on him, she could make his mood and ruin it in two seconds. And though that power was scary, he loved her having that strong a hold on him, because if there was one person he trusted with his heart and soul, it was her.

Manik knew they would fight again someday, or that they won't always agree to each other. He also understood that they had diverse likes that were bound to clash at some point or the other, and he knew there would be times when they would, for sure hurt each other, intended or not, but what mattered more to him was the knowledge that they would always do that in each other's good interests. Even when the world was drowning, he believed her to hold his hand through it. He knew she might do stuff he won't agree to, but it would always be because in her opinion that would be good for him.